Customer Service Manager
Posted by TETON Sports on 11/20/2023
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Customer Service
Company Type: Retailer
City: Salt Lake City
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Contact Name: TETON Sports
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Customer Service Manager
TETON Sports is a fast-growing Outdoor Brand based in Salt Lake City, UT. We are passionate about our goal - providing one billion and one outdoor experiences. How do we accomplish this? We make outdoor gear that over delivers. Why? Because we think being outdoors and enjoying nature gives a little extra happiness in one's life.
How can you help? We are looking for the perfect person to join our team and manage our awesome product support group. We need someone who is organized, great with customers, a good people manager, and aligned with our core values (found here: https://tetonsports.com/core-values/). So, pull on those hiking boots, pack your bag, and read on!
- Manage a small team of customer service associates, all of whom work remotely on different schedules and perhaps in different time zones.
- Train on customer interaction, and other relevant topics.
- Become an expert on TETON products.
- Respond to escalated customer service tickets and calls.
- Responsible for the customer service/warranty budget.
- Track key metrics to monitor and improve our interaction with customers.
- Help the customer service team use Gorgias effectively.
- Help expand the team, including planning and hiring.
- Follow established messaging, tone, and problem resolution strategies for customers. Ensure the team follows those strategies.
- Take the lead in making sure customers are cared for in ways that are consistent with our core values.
- Provide feedback on the customer experience to product creation.
- Lead projects to enhance customer service processes and efficiency.
- Track and manage inventory for replacement parts.
- Collaborate with other departments to streamline processes.
- Develop additional resources and ongoing training for staff.
- Hands-on experience in customer service, Outdoor Industry a plus.
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience in a customer service environment.
- Experience with Gorgias or other ticketing system a plus!
- Ability to develop and implement efficient processes.
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations.
- Good communication skills–written and verbal.
- Good computer skills.
- Highly organized.
What you’ll love about us
- Great Company Culture. We strive to live our core values, and thrive in a small-business environment.
- Make an Impact. We care about your individuality by giving you freedom to grow and create within the company, regardless of your position.
- Flexible Work Schedule. We allow you to choose your own schedule that works with your team and your manager to have you work most effectively. We have PTO and flexible vacation policies for all team members.
- Health Benefits. A great wellness plan that gives you the autonomy to select a health and dental plan that meet your needs.
- Retirement Program. Plan for the future with a 401(k) and a generous company match.
- Accelerated Learning. Need motivation to learn outside of your daily tasks? Each quarter you can improve your wellness, your career, and your personal life and get paid for it.
- Industry Perks. Enjoy discounts from other outdoor company, access TETON’s gear library to test our product, and participate in many cool company programs, including our annual summer camp.
- Value-drive company culture. TETON operates from a set of core values that ensures we treat everybody right and that we make ethical and responsible decisions. You can see if they resonate with you by visiting tetonsports.com/core-values/.
- Location: Work from home in or near Salt Lake City, Utah. Required to attend in-person meetings quarterly and periodically as needed.
- Full-time: Daytime schedule but can be somewhat flexible as to which hours.
- Reporting to: Head of Product
- Wage: Hourly range of $20-$25. Based on experience and capabilities.
- Relocation: Not provided. Preference given to local candidates.
Submit a resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the right fit. Please don’t apply without a cover letter. We’ll fill the job as soon as we find the right person!
We are an equal opportunity employer.
About TETON Sports
TETON Sports began as an idea. An idea that no matter the person, no matter the time and no matter the place, anyone and everyone should be able to get outdoors and enjoy life. We started small and grew, determined to build a world and a culture and gear that would allow us all to experience the beauty and magic of the outdoors. Our tents, sleeping bags, cots, , and backpacks do just that.