Bicycle Mechanic - Golden, Colorado
Posted by Big Ring Cycles on 02/21/2021
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Retail - Bike Mechanic - Ski Technician
Company Type: Retailer
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Contact Name: Seth Wolins
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Big Ring Cycles, a premier IBD in Golden, Colorado is seeking a highly qualified, detail-oriented bicycle mechanic. 2-3 years of high-level bicycle mechanic experience and deep and current bike systems (road and mountain) knowledge is a must.
The Bicycle Mechanic position here at Big Ring is a fun and challenging position that allows you to share your love of bikes with customers and co-workers in a neighborhood bike shop environment. Each team member is expected to contribute to the overall success of the business.
Want to earn your place on our team? Below is what you need to have in order to do so, and we would be pleased to have you join us:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists customers in a courteous manner and from a place of deep knowledge and passion.
• Responsible for properly taking in service work and advising the customer on the work required on their bike.
• Advises and assists customers with their product selection without bias.
• Communicates with the team when stock is low on critical shop items, including shop supplies, tools, etc.
• Develops and maintains knowledge expertise of all merchandise in department to effectively assist customers with accurate information; keeps current as new product lines are introduced.Assists with bike sales and any other bike floor duties as needed.
• Be nice and respectful to your teammates
• Focus on the customer, listen, listen, advise and do what you say that you are going to do.
• Be smart and always be thinking about what you are doing and what you could be doing
• Stay current
• Communicate often, clearly and when you say that you are going to.
• Keep your work space neat, organized and clean as reflection of the work you do and the place that you work
• Have fun, Have more fun.
• 2-3 years of current top-level bicycle mechanical experience a must; no exceptions.
• Must have high professional integrity and responsibility for repairs, builds and installs performed.
• Ability to be autonomous, prioritize workday, multitask and be detail-oriented.
• Ability to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to create an excellent customer and team experience.
• A sense of urgency and ability to hustle.
• Must have a high level of experience with Shimano Di2, SRAM etap/AXS, Campy EPS. Mountain bike suspension rebuilding is a plus.
• Having an area of expertise such as wheel building, suspension etc. is a plus.
• Think, contribute and do
A qualified person will be paid up to $20/Hr and additional benefits including healthcare, discounts and our Employee Try it program are avaiable.
Join a great team! Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org