The Position: Production Supervisor
MONTANA CANVAS, located in Belgrade Montana is currently hiring a production supervisor that will be responsible for leading and directing all production departments within the organization.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage production floor and sewing operators (15-19 production floor staff). Primary materials are canvas, polyester, PVC and aluminum.
- Develop and implement a culture of safety, and maintain a safe production environment.
- Receive all production orders and sort/schedule work for timely completion.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing and techniques on the production floor to streamline and sustain the manufacturing process.
- Use appropriate production metrics to improve throughput, quality, and cost.
- Develop a cross-training program for manufacturing processes.
- Identify and develop potential supervisors/leads.
- Develop standard work for each manufacturing operation.
- Determine capacity, and increase where and when demand requires it.
- Develop strategies to relieve bottlenecks in production.
- Communicate with other functions, as required, to manage and meet customer expectations.
- Work with production staff to optimize overall equipment effectiveness.
Qualifications and requirements include:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a full cut, sew and assembly operation preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or similar field preferred.
Mastery of sewing / manufacturing process is required.
Trained in, and experience with, Lean Manufacturing and/or Theory of Constraints.
Proven history of supervisory and management excellence.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, with experience utilizing a shop floor manufacturing system.
Ability to learn and implement SAGE software system in manufacturing.
- Must be highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of employees, vendors and customers.
Must have the ability to work in fast paced environment with majority of work day on his or her feet.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
Starting wage is DOE. Montana Canvas offers a complete benefit package!
Shop Production Hours are from 7:30am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 7:30am to 11:30pm on Friday.
Montana Canvas is an equal opportunity employer.
For immediate consideration please apply in person at 110 Pipkin Way, Belgrade, MT 59714, during business hours Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com or 800-235-6518.
Job Location: Belgrade, MT
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: 50+ miles
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: 3-5 years