The Position: Sea Kayaking Operations Manager Full Time Year Round Opportunity
Do you love Seattle and enjoy the outdoors? Alki Kayak Tours is the
leading Kayak/Sup rental and tour facility in Seattle, WA. Located on
Elliott Bay in beautiful West Seattle, Alki Kayak Tours serves thousands
of visitors and locals each summer. We are in search of a year round
manager to join our team of kayak guides, instructors, and rental staff.
This is a salaried position with health benefits.
Busy days on
the beach, requires effective leadership in a fast paced environment
with varying situations. On slower days you will be self-sufficient,
innovative and able to manage all other employees. This is a seasonal,
weather dependent business that thrives on interaction with others to
draw in new customers and get them stoked on getting out on the water!
Winters will be focusing on helping our ski and snowboard shop,
Mountain to Sound Outfitters, also in West Seattle.
We are a major
destination during holidays and peak summer so please consider this
before applying. Our normal rental/tour season runs from March-October.
The manager must be present and available during that period of time.
Extensive time off with banked hours can be used in the fall.
- Knowledgeable of water sports (kayaking, canoeing, sup, surf, etc.)
- Professional managing/team leading experience
- Desire and ability to learn new skills in the outdoor industry
- Experience in customer service
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Physical ability to lift 50-75lbs
- Enthusiastic skier or snowboarder
- Comfortable with running computer systems and reporting software
- Project Management experience
- Knowledge of all equipment and their uses at Alki Kayak Tours
- Oversee and manage up to 30 employees
- Create schedules
- Supervise maintenance and repair of equipment and operate a maintenance schedule.
- Maintain tour/class reservation system
- Organizing large events/tours. Guide sea kayak tours during early and late season.
- Email response
- Point of Sale operations
- Consciousness of surroundings-Ability to read weather and water
- Preform land/water rescues (after completing training)
- Drive a van and trainer
- Operate and maintain outboard motors for rental and safety vessels.
- Uphold and communicate all rules of Alki Kayak Tours
Kayak Tours is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply (serious
inquiries only) if you feel like this would be the best fit for you.
Send resume to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Check out our website or visit our retail store Mountain to Sound Outfitters to learn more about us.
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: 3-5 years