Climbing and Mountaineering Jobs and Career Industry Resources
There are a variety of careers and jobs available in the climbing, trekking, backpacking and mountaineering industries. Manufacturers are comprised of companies who distribute and or manufacture outdoor apparel, gear, equipment, gear and accessories. Providing services to these companies are consultants and independent contractors and outside sales reps. Retail stores sell outdoor gear, equipment and apparel to climbing and mountaineeringl enthusiasts. The retailers are range from small, locally-owned stores to national chains such as REI or L.L. Bean. Consumers, outfitters and and even the military purchase the inventory. In addition, outfitters, instructors and guides and consumers who purchase the gear and clothing use it privately or commercially for rock climbing, trekking. backpacking, mountaineering or any other kind of wilderness travel endeavors.
- Access Fund
- American Alpine Club
- American Mountain Guides Association
- American Hiking Society
- Appalachian Mountain Club
- Appalachian Trail Conservancy
- Big City Mountaineers
- Continental Divide Trail Alliance Inc.
- Leave No Trace
- Pacific Crest Trail Association
- The Mountaineers
- Wilderness Medical Society
Executive Search Firms
Outside Sales Rep Associations
- EORA - Eastern Outdoor Reps Association
- EWSRA - Eastern Winter Sports Reps Association
- MRA - Midwest Reps Association
- NEWSR - New England Winter Sports Reps, Inc
- MWSRA- Midwest Winter Sports Resps Assn.
- Outdoor Reps Association, Inc.
- SWRA - Southeastern Winter Reps Association
- WWSRA - Western Winter Sports Reps Association
- United State Reps Association