Marketing Manager G Loomis (Conventional), Power Pro, Jackall Brands
Posted by Shimano North America Holding, Inc. on 03/07/2019
Industry Sector: Bike, Fishing, Outdoor
Job Categories: Marketing
State: CA, FL, GA, OR, SC, WA
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
G Loomis (Conventional), Power Pro, Jackall Brands
Shimano North America Fishing, Inc. is a global company offering the world’s sporting community with top labels and brands including Shimano, Pearl Izumi, G. Loomis, Power Pro and Innovative Textiles, Inc. (ITI). We are seeking a Marketing Manager G. Loomis Spin & Supporting Brands to join our North Charleston, SC team!
We are proud of our staff; diverse in talent, interests and backgrounds. Job seekers can find unique, one of a kind job opportunity in our fishing and cycling divisions, including national and regional sales, marketing, retail services and distribution. We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and we are proud of a workforce that takes advantage of the health and wellness benefits we offer. Those that seek opportunities with employers that focus on reducing negative impacts on the environment need look no further than SHIMANO NORTH AMERICA. Our company is an ISO14001 certified business where environmental compliance and continual improvements are part of our business philosophy and operations. If you feel you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please consider the opportunities we have available.
The Marketing Manager represents G Loomis’s convention brands, Power Pro and Jackall, leading all promotional consumer efforts. Communicate with all members of the internal team, media and consumers. The key to success in this position is to consistently interact with the sales team, product team, media, ambassadors, and various personalities
- Be the driving force for all consumer facing marketing efforts and brand messages of the Shimano brands for the U.S.
- Work on strategic annual marketing efforts for consistency and growth.
- Effectively manage projects and employees to achieve maximum efficiency and results.
- Lead marketing efforts and develop campaigns for categories and new item launches.
- Interact with product team to create effective new item launch plans and item messages.
- Constantly develop new media relations to expand our consumer reach.
- Oversee all marketing content development including PR, press releases, catalog content and sales flyers.
- Coordinate with other offices on global content for Shimano brands. Share content to all Shimano offices worldwide.
- Represent Shimano as the lead contact with all media, online, web, social and vendor relations.
- Coordinate and attend writer events.
- Plan Social Media programs and content on a yearly basis for maximum exposure.
- Create content for all forms of media and in-house needs.
- Coordinate website updates, content and consistent look with other forms of media.
- Interact with other Shimano offices to coordinate all marketing efforts.
- Represent company in a professional and knowledgeable manner at all times.
- Continual interaction with Marketing Senior Manager.
- Continual interaction with product team on new items and product updates.
- Manage marketing budgets to maximize exposure while controlling budget to set goals.
- Monthly Budget tracking of all marketing funds and accounts.
- Oversee and record all advertising payments and invoices on a monthly basis.
- Effectively communicate current marketing messages to consumers and provide feedback.
- Create event and trip reports.
- Interact with team on brand development efforts of G. Loomis and Power Pro brands.
- Learn new technology as it is released to the market and provide constructive feedback.
- Assist in development of STC/GPC programs (Store in store programs).
- Assist in developing marketing collateral and POP displays.
- Assist other departments of the Fishing Division as needed or assigned.
- Engage with product department on all item changes to effectively communicate new, discontinued or updated times to trade and consumers.
- Manage event selection, planning and logistics.
- Additional projects or task as needed or assigned.
- 5 - 7 years prior experience in marketing position required.
- Industry and fishing knowledge and skills preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of marketing advertising and promotion.
- Good graphic arts creative abilities with common programs (InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage others, both internal employees and contract employees to accomplish detailed tasks on time and on budget.
- Experience interviewing and hiring potential employees.
- Ability to write both technical and engaging articles, press releases and sales bulletins. Good understanding of writing style or tone based on the audience you are speaking to.
- Exceptional Time management and planning skills.
- Ability to present seminars and speak to large groups of people.
- Ability to demonstrate and explain product technologies, features and benefits. Prefer a high level of technical knowledge of fishing, rod, reel, line and tackle requirements.
- Ability to travel 15 weeks per year, work extended show hours and willing to work outside of normal office hours.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Must have strong “can do” attitude, leadership skills and the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work within various social media platforms.
- Photography and videography experience and skills preferred.
- Event planning and support skills.
- Mid to high level computer skills. Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Expect to work weekends or outside normal business hours on an as needed basis.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent experience required
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job. Shimano North America reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
Shimano North America is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.