Sales Director - Commercial Market
Posted by Holosun Technologies Inc on 05/06/2019
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting
Job Categories: Management - Sales
City: City of Industry
Country: United States
Required Experience: 10+ years
Contact Name: Louis Craig
Business Phone: 909-594-2888
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Reporting to the CEO of Holosun and as a key member of the senior leadership team, the Sales Director is responsible for planning and implementing the sales strategies that will lead to the achievement of company sales goals. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, recruiting of sales representatives, and/or selecting of manufacturers representatives.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans
- Enforce advertising regulations on both brick and mortar marketplaces and online channels in order to protect brand equity.
- Increase sales revenue and market share in retail and online distribution channels
- Responsible for sales growth to achieve the company’s sales goals
- Manage, coach and lead the sales team to grow company revenue
- Engage customer feedback to drive new product development
- Present new sales and marketing strategies to attract new customers or new consumer groups
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Design, implement and manage sales forecasting, planning and budgeting processes for growing revenue and achieving company's sales goals
- Develop strategic plans and utilize resources to protect brand from advertised pricing violations on both marketplaces and online channels
- Identify potential sales process improvements. Implement new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well defined and efficient sales process is in place for launch. Foster an organization of continuous process improvement
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Work closely with the President on a daily basis to plan sales and production strategies, production progress and set delivery schedules. Activity may include daily meetings with the President, follow-up reports or presentations.
- Ensure sales reports and other analytical reports are provided to the President. Develop new reporting tools as needed. Lead efficient and accurate sales reporting.
- Recommend enhancements to product quality and functionality to the President or the manufacturing management based on market feedback.
- Develop product launch plans, product news, and promotion plans
- Support customer service and crisis management. Manage customer expectations and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction
- Qualify and collaborate with marketing resources to perform data analysis and research. Identify new potential customers and new marketing opportunities
- Work closely with the President to develop and manage annual business plans and budgets to implement strategies
- Hire and develop sales staff
- Responsible for equitably assigning sales staff quotas and ensuring the company’s financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program
- Establish sales training plan focused on developing and reinforcing specific product strategies and general sales competencies. Prioritize training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles.
- Define the optimal key performance indicators and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Align reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management programs.
- Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales representatives or manufacturers representatives. Make recommendation for changing sales roles, geographic models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity.
- Suggest and oversee sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures to the President. Work closely with the senior management team, accounting, and Human Resources to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation program.
- Expand the knowledge and understanding of industry technologies and competitive products in support of maximizing sales productivity.
- Expand knowledge on digital marketing, e-commerce and social media.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners to develop key relationships.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution; master in business administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred
- Minimum five years of sales and marketing management experience in a business-to-business or business-to-consumers sales environment
- A minimum of 10 years of combined experience in outside sales, sales manager/director, or related role in the outdoor industry
- Proven sales experience selling optics products or laser products to dealers, distributors, online stores, and distribution channels
- Proven experience monitoring and evaluating sales staff progress against stated expectations, in addition to aligning and changing behavior with performance expectations.
- Proven experience utilizing QuickBooks or similar software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven experience hiring and onboarding sales staff
- Proven sales experience building and managing a territory
- Experience working in startup, small and medium company environment
- Experience providing status reports with market and customer feedback to executive team
- Demonstrated ability in all aspects of sales leadership
- Strong ability to coach sales reps and to lead reports to higher performance
- Ability to accurately forecast future sales volumes
- Ability to manage, optimize and identify opportunities with product development and market growth
- Skilled at planning (strategic sales plan) and managing company’s revenue forecast
- Proficient at target account selling
- Ability to analyze, establish and execute presales strategy
- Ability to understand and analyze sales performance metrics
- Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Strong team management skills
- Strong time management, qualification and negotiation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Environmental job requirements and working conditions
- Full-time position located in City of Industry, California.
- This position requires extensive travel (both domestic and international)
- This position doesn’t provide the option of working from home or remote operations.
- This position doesn’t offer any relocation package including moving expense
- All prospective employees must pass a background check