Sales Rep Apparel and Hardgoods
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Sales - Company Rep
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
Position: Sales Representative
Utah and Wyoming Location: Depends on experience: UT, WY or CO
Compensation: Base plus commission. Medical plan offered.
Start date: Looking for best fit.
Sales Representative will manage existing business and opportunities in current and new accounts. Must discover new opportunities at existing accounts and open new accounts. There is a strong focus on growth.
Individual will need to rapidly develop understanding of the customers' business and how our agency's brands can best succeed at that location. Position requires an internal drive to increase sales, educate both consumers and retailers about the products we represent and how to sell them.
Mandatory to exhibit the ability to self manage based on task completion and tracking what needs to be done; the rep will be on-time, conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, organization is critical.
Communication via email, text and phone in a professional manner is required.
Travel away from home can be extensive, especially during selling and customer education periods, it will average about 10 days a month, but it is not consistent each month. Rep will have to submit a travel plan for each month along with goals for each trip.
- Account support requires administrative duties, order entry, completing excel docs, on-time follow through and follow up - accurate reporting of the status of the account for each brand and other brands at the customer.
- Manage travel calendar - store education/stocking/inventory, set-up attend and tear down of regional trade shows, attend national trade shows. Sales meeting attendance for our brands when requested
- Ability to store, manage, transport and ascertain need level for samples on hand at any time
- Create, manipulate and digest sales reports, programs, promotions, and be able to explain how they help customers while understanding their impact on the company.
- Sales rep must be able to function with current technology requirements- MS Office Suite, iOS, CRMs, Cloud services, shared calendars etc.
- Function within a team that is de-centralized and ask for help and/or advice when needed
- Communication (verbal, written and electronic), emotional intelligence, drive, initiative and collaboration all will be required.
- Gregarious, outgoing personality who connects with others easily, a touch of showmanship is helpful
- Outdoors and outdoor product experience at a high level are a must. Knowledge of hard-goods, apparel and accessories, competitive landscape, function, the history, material performance attributes, price ladders
- Merchandising - how to display products to attract a buyer
- Solid retail math understanding
- Excellent internet skills
- Must be ale to lift 50lbs, multiple times in a short period and work in a physical environment, stand on feet for over 10hrs a day while maintaining a positive attitude. This is done for a week at a time about 4 times a year, mandatory. (no it isn't crossfit)
EXPERIENTIAL & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree preferred - field does not matter
- 1-3 years of experience in the outdoor sporting goods business
- - previous rep experience in region in outdoor channel
- - retail sales floor experience
- - buying experience
- - customer service, sales department ? preferred at a manufacturer
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Clean driving record, reliable auto, experience organizing travel arrangements, spend multiple nights away from home on short notice
ADDITIONAL COMMENTARY & NOTEWORTHY:
- Our on boarding process includes training in our CRM and sales data program.
- There is existing business with nationally recognized brands and lots of room for growth.
- We currently manage 6 brands