Posted by Bass Pro Shops on 08/15/2019
Industry Sector: Fishing, Hunting/Shooting, Outdoor
Job Categories: Editorial-Video-Photo
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods, Conservation, Gym/Outfitter, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Service, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
This position writes informative and descriptive SEO-enhanced copy for product detail pages, search engine targeted pages and other special projects for use on the Bass Pro Shops website. Copywriters also write engaging product copy, headlines, and other descriptive copy for use in Bass Pro Shops’ many catalogs and other print publications.
Copywriters work with Bass Pro Shops’ merchants and marketing specialists to drive and increase traffic to basspro.com helping increase customer flow from Internet search engines and directories sending customer web traffic to the Bass Pro Shops website. This position works closely with merchants to present a quality and complete description of the product, as well as working with the rest of the Internet Production team to ensure a complete representation of the product on the finished web page.
This position also works closely with the Print Production teams, writing and editing product copy, headlines and descriptive copy to ensure an authoritative voice and quality presentation of products in Bass Pro Shops’ various catalogs, digital catalogs, tabs and other print channels.
Copywriters also assist with continuous efforts to improve production processes and efficiency, working with merchants, proofreaders, IT, leadership and other teams.
This position will work with all levels of associates including Production Supervisor, Merchandising Staff, Product Vendors, Internet marketing and Performance Analysts, Marketing Managers, and Internet Product Coordinators.
1. Work with merchandiser(s), product vendors and Internet Production staff to create and develop descriptive and SEO-enhanced text for product pages and other pages on basspro.com.
2. Work with merchandiser(s), product vendors and Print Production staff to create and develop descriptive product copy, headlines, and other copy for Bass Pro Shops’ multiple print productions.
3. Conduct research as required to obtain pertinent product/service information.
4. Assess search keywords and adjust text by its ability to produce results.
5. Special projects as assigned.
1. Four year degree in English, technical writing or writing-oriented field.
2. Experience in a writing-focused position.
3. 3-5 year experience in a similar capacity involving working with teams to coordinate and carry out diverse activities and projects.
4. Above average interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written are a must.
5. Experience in communicating effectively with all levels of internal and external associates.
6. Above average problem solving skills.
7. Well organized with an above average attention to detail.
8. Experience in planning ahead with ability to prioritize multiple projects.
9. Good project follow-up skills.
10. Multi-task and able to balance competing priorities and tight deadlines.
11. vision a plus.
12. Understanding and/or experience in outdoor sporting activities in hunting, fishing and camping is important.
13. Will be required to provide portfolio examples of writing style.
About Bass Pro Shops
Bass Pro Shops was founded in 1972 by avid young angler Johnny Morris on eight-square-feet of space in the back of his father's liquor store in Springfield, Missouri. Today, the leading national retailer of outdoor gear and apparel has 200 retail and marine center locations across North America.Johnny';s passion for the outdoors and his feel for the products and shopping experiences desired by outdoor enthusiasts transformed the industry. Bass Pro Shops locations are more than just stores box-sizing: — they are true destination experiences that draw more than 200 million visitors annually. Each location is heavily customized to reflect the character of the region. In addition to giant aquariums teeming with live fish and extensive wildlife mounts and dioramas, many locations feature unique restaurants and ocean-themed bowling alleys. In 2017 Bass Pro Shops acquired Cabela’s to create a ;best-of-the-best experience with superior products, dynamic locations and outstanding customer service.