Data and Systems Specialist
Posted by Summit Sales NW on 01/13/2021
Industry Sector: Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Computer - Information Technology, Operations
Company Type: RepAgency
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
The Data and Systems Specialist at Summit Sales is responsible for all data flows within the organization as well as with vendor and retail partners. Their primary objective is to maintain consistent, reliable, and accurate sales, marketing, and advertising data and provide visibility for internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have a background in data management as well as the skills and creativity to iterate and improve upon our existing data and systems infrastructure. They will have the ability to understand the information we have available, understand the needs of our marketing and sales teams, and develop processes to organize and present data that informs business decisions. A passion for the outdoors and involvement in the core sports of hiking, backpacking, skiing, and climbing are preferred.
- Maintain weekly data in our two key business intelligence platforms of Salesforce and Power BI
- Develop sales and opportunity reporting within Salesforce
- Develop Power BI reporting to analyze key account data to inform sales and marketing decisions
- Collaborate with sales and marketing managers to improve the value of existing data and systems
- Develop greater automation and efficiency in data flows
- Bachelor’s degree in data management, business analytics, or related field
- Experience working with data in business applications, especially Salesforce and Power BI
- Aptitude for understanding and utilizing new software platforms
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Experience with SQL, API’s, and basic coding
- Must be willing to work days that exceed standard business hours and weeks that exceed forty hours.
About Summit Sales NW
Based in Seattle, WA, Summit Sales NW represents some of the best brands in the outdoor industry. We are a passionate team of outdoor professionals with history as buyers, guides, managers, and marketers who strongly believe in honesty, effectiveness, and timeliness to help our business partners grow and thrive.
Representing: Osprey, Cascade Designs, SCARPA, G3, The Landmark Project