Director of Operations
Posted by Pro Sportsman, LLC on 02/09/2021
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting, Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Executive, Management - Team, Operations, Purchasing
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Retailer, Retail
Country: United States
Job Type: Senior Level
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
The Director of Operations is responsible for managing, and providing strategic oversight in the areas of operations, customer care, procurement, and systems. The Director of Operations is charged with overseeing all systems infrastructure and optimization.
The Director of Operations will work closely with executives to develop long-term strategic plans that introduce new levels of productivity and success within Pro Sportsman, LLC. The Director of Operations will hold a seat on the Pro Sportsman, LLC. Strategic Planning Committee.
Every employee is expected to embrace the cultural standards defined by the Pro Sportsman Purpose and Values.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation, or other reasons.
- Promote and uphold Mission/Vision/Value set
- Analyze operational systems and processes for strategic improvement
- Oversee all operational-centric activities within the framework of the organization
- Oversee operations, purchasing, and customer care departments
- Drive planning and orchestration of operational strategic key objectives
- Serve as a subject matter expert in process improvement, organizational design, and business management software (i.e. ERP, CRM, SAP)
- Orchestrate and oversee an optimized warehouse and pick-pack-ship operation
- Manage inventory levels companywide, and oversee physical inventory
- Ensure adherence to key performance objective to meet business, and customer expectations
- Lead strategic initiatives to optimize scalability, agility, and efficiencies
- Manage all strategic IT vendor partnerships and equipment planning
- Manage all key freight partnerships and contracts
- Onboard, manage, and develop a team of operational professionals
- 5+ years senior leadership role experience in related field
- Superior working knowledge of data analysis and business management software (i.e. ERP, CRM, SAP)
- Strong understanding of systems infrastructure and optimization
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Ability to strategically streamline and implement new processes and procedures
- Demonstrated understanding of procurement and product-planning in a B2B, or B2C environment
- Strong knowledge of a variety of operational functions and principles, including customer care, procurement, finance, systems, and team member management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage budgets and CapEx
- Strong understanding of logistical, and freight operations
- Superior understanding and experience in inventory management
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT systems interworkings, optimization, and security
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field is a positive, but not required
- Exceptional work ethic, with a passion to succeed and take initiative
- Decision-making in a variety of facets within the organization
- Masterful organizational, written/verbal communication, and leadership skills
- Driven by challenges and the pursuit of organizational excellence
- Ability to effectively and strategically lead a variety of team-types
- Possess an unrivaled tenacious drive in the workplace
- Strong interpersonal skills
PRO SPORTSMAN PURPOSE
We exist to positively impact the life of every single person we meet.
PRO SPORTSMAN VALUES
Positively impact the life of every single person we meet BY creating and cultivating cultures of PEACE.
PEOPLE FIRST / Partnership / Empathy / Care – We understand that all people are people, none greater or lesser than another.
We strive to build mutually beneficial relationships on foundations of solid trust and communication with our various stakeholders.
EXCELLENCE / Quality / Inspired / Greatness – We will aim for perfection and achieve excellence in all we do.
In everything we do, we will maintain the highest standards – our standards. “Plus One” service will be commonplace from the routine and tactical to the strategic and long-term oriented. Every action will be pursued with excellence.
ACCOUNTABILITY / Character / Integrity / Professionalism – As iron sharpens iron, so we sharpen one another.
We believe that true accountability comes first from the individual (internal accountability) and then from the organization as represented by our superiors, peers, and direct reports (external accountability). We take ownership of our responsibilities while maintaining open communication, admitting fault and asking for help when needed.
CLARITY / Communication / Truth / Kindness – We will never trade the truth of Kindness for the lie of Niceness.
We have the awareness and ability to understand and accept the feelings of others and treat them with respect and compassion. This includes our responsibility to communicate candidly and constructively in a timely fashion while maintaining dignity.
ENGAGEMENT/ Stewardship / Philanthropy / Community – We’ve received and are grateful; therefore, we give.
Of our time, talents, and resources, we are generous and committed to improving the wellbeing of our neighbors, locally and globally. We encourage our team to take advantage of our culture that includes family and community focus, flexibility, and fun. We understand and respect the importance of healthy lives, seeking to promote them both internally and externally.
About Pro Sportsman, LLC
Pro Sportsman, LLC is a privately held company that owns and operates a variety of eCommerce websites in the outdoor categories. Such websites include BowhuntersSuperstore.com and ProSportsman.com (launching mid-2021). Additionally, Pro Sportsman, LLC operates a variety of 3rd party eCommerce storefronts, including – eBay, Amazon, and Gun Broker.
In addition to the eCommerce presence, Pro Sportsman, LLC owns a premiere archery and FFL pro-shop, branded Bowhunters Superstore.
Pro Sportsman, LLC offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, Paid Time Off, and more. Pro Sportsman, LLC. also offers employees an exclusive employee product purchase program for thousands of items.