Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Posted by Clarus Corporation on 02/18/2021
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Finance
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
City: Salt Lake City
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager reports to the CFO and is accountable for managing, analyzing, tracking, and reporting on the Company' financial objectives. This position works with and project manages the various finance leads within the Clarus portfolio, while being responsible for the global strategic business planning calendar, budgets and financial analysis, global product pricing, costing, and gross margin reporting, as well as the impact of foreign exchange and other inputs on the business. Additionally, the manager will provide leadership guidance and coaching to the different finance teams within Clarus Corporation.
- Develop Finance team goals that are fully aligned with the foundation goals.
- Ensure optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals.
- Responsible for internal financial management reporting for the each of the organization's brands.
- Work in conjunction with the IT group and Corporate Controller to ensure financial management reporting. tools and processes are in place to support the ongoing and future needs of the business.
- Develop and prepare a monthly Management Reporting Package for each brand encompassing global performance.
- Develop regular reporting and analysis, including key metrics reports, and conduct ad hoc financial analysis as required.
#Budgeting and Financial Modeling
- Lead the annual business plan development and budgeting process.
- Lead the monthly and or quarterly global P&L forecast process.
- Provide ongoing financial modeling and analysis expertise to business partners.
- Lead the financial modeling and analysis to support the development of long term strategic initiatives and business plans.
- Understand, calculate and communicate the impacts to foreign exchange to the organization.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Preferred: CPA and or MBA.
- Required: 7-10 years of experience.
- Preferred: 10+ years in public company environment.
Skills and general experience:
Strategic thinking and planning skills
- Experience with strategy development and implementation.
- Understanding and experience with re-engineering processes and global systems change.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to lead complex projects through to an end point.
Managing and Leading
- Able to communicate effectively and lead others through change and new strategic initiatives.
- Able to build effective teams, coach and develop others.
- An individual who seizes opportunities and takes initiative as appropriate.
Influence and Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Relationship building and rapport skills.
- Influencing and networking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to grasp the Company's short and long term priorities and develop systems, processes and policies to support the achievement of them in a cost effective manner.
- On an ongoing basis, evaluate and prioritizes activities, focus people resources against key business priorities.
- 10 years working knowledge in accounting and finance with at least 6 years supervisory experience.
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints.
- Knowledge of Financial and ERP systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
Clarus Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex; including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Black Diamond Equipment HR representative.