US Brand and Customer Marketing Manager
Posted by Helly Hansen on 01/07/2022
Industry Sector: Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Management - Brand, Marketing & Digital Marketing
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
City: Currently remote
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $70,000 to $80,000
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
If you are a passionate fan of the outdoors and Helly Hansen gear, we want to hear from you.
Since 1877, Helly Hansen has continued to develop professional grade apparel that helps people stay and feel alive. By working with outdoor professionals, they have developed many first-to-market innovations including the first supple waterproof fabrics in 1877, the first fleece in 1960 and many more since. To help tell the stories of the brand, both past and present, Helly Hansen is looking for an exceptional Brand and Customer Marketing Manager in the US.
We provide a dynamic international setting, a fun, high-energy environment, competitive pay, large product discount, and a full benefits package, including 100% paid medical and dental coverage for employees, 401(k) with employer match, and generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
You will report to the US Marketing Manager. Specific responsibilities will include:
Leads the intersection of Brand and Seasonal partners with US specific influences and market dynamics in order to maximize marketing investments and impact in Key Account channels.
· Track, evolve and manage Key Account co-op marketing programs to provide year over year increases in key metrics and tell the HH story through co-op marketing channels.
· Work with Key Accounts like West Marine, Nordstrom, REI and more.
· Integrate industry leading digital program with key account partners’ website as well as marketing channels.
· Drive programs to earn Key Account employee buy in and sell through via employee training, pro deal programs, sales contests and other sales driving mechanisms.
· Work strategically, building a network with other regions of Helly Hansen to identify joined opportunities and sharing of best practices.
Leads effort to strengthen and leverage HH within the US market via successful and creative marketing programs and promotions in order to capitalize on sales at Key Accounts.
· Develop and execute each key account’s in store presence to tell the Helly Hansen brand story and drive seasonal campaigns at the shop floor level.
· Identify new graphic opportunities with each key account and make recommendations to capitalize on areas not being exploited.
· Recommend and develop account specific content telling the Helly Hansen brand story in the Key Account’s digital channels.
· Work with US Marketing Manager to ensure the brand and branding is being represented accurately in the marketplace.
· Work with Helly Hansen Sales Team to develop best-in-class sell in format, both at regional shows and showrooms.
Executional and Operational Management
Responsible for the key elements of the marketing mix and the development and execution of annual plans within specified budgets.
· Support sales and marketing in seasonal launch meetings and prelines with Key Accounts.
· Present future season marketing plans to Key Accounts and taking focused meetings around the sales launch with their marketing team to solidify marketing plans.
· Seasonal delivery of product copy, imagery and video content to match KA seasonal assortment for online sales.
· Seasonal delivery of assets and packages of content to build agreed upon campaigns with the Key Account Co-Op program.
· Form and deploy training tools for Key Account staff to learn about the Helly Hansen brand as well as the product assortment they carry.
· Lead Helly Hansen’s key account search word marketing, managing the budget and driving the program to achieve metrics exceeding the market norm. Aligning products for seeding to review programs and enhanced content.
· Digital store walks of Key Account sites to maintain Helly Hansen marketplace, brand appearance, manage content and identify opportunities.
· Manage 3rd party merchandisers and events teams for in store training and special events at the Key Accounts.
· Plan, staff and execute local events with Key Accounts to drive marketing stories and sales both at the store level as well as offsite at KA events.
· Manage shop in shop program and corresponding graphics for key accounts.
· Support and deploy marketing programs for the boutique channels, including digital assets, pop up events and in store.
· Work in partnership with the US Marketing Specialist to develop point of sale program that meets both specialty and key account in store needs.
· Manage Sales Support and Co-Op Key Account Budgets.
· Booth Planning, Merchandising for National Trade Shows.
· Creating sales tools for sales reps and wholesale accounts via Excel and Digital Buyer’s Guide.
· Marketing execution fully integrated with Product and Sales initiatives within the region.
· Working with / within Central Marketing’s Brand & Seasonal strategies.
The successful candidate will have:
· 3 – 5 years combined marketing experience.
· A BA/BS Degree (preferably with a Marketing focus).
· Self-starter, taking initiative to drive projects independently.
· Strong operational knowledge of marketing tools and tactics and the skills to align resources to achieve objectives.
· Project Management
· Presentation Skills
· Sales experience / Sales Oriented POV
· Superior communication skills
· Experience working with a global consumer products brand preferred.
· Experience in the Outdoor Industry is a plus.
· Computer skills (Microsoft Office – Strong Excel Skills, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator)
· Ability to travel 20-25% (mostly within the US). The rest of the time would consist of working in Seattle, WA and in Sumner, WA.
Helly Hansen is an equal opportunity employer.
About Helly Hansen
Founded in Norway in 1877, Helly Hansen continues to develop professional grade apparel that helps people stay and feel alive. Through insights drawn from living and working in the world’s harshest environments, the company has developed a long list of first-to-market innovations, including the first supple waterproof fabrics more than 140 years ago. Helly Hansen is a leader in technical sailing and performance ski apparel, as well as premium workwear. Its uniforms are worn and trusted by more than 55,000 professionals and can be found on Olympians, National Teams, and at more than 200 ski resorts and mountain guiding operations around the world.