Posted by United Wheels Company Limited on 01/13/2022
Industry Sector: Bike, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Account Executive/Rep, Ecommerce Management, Management - Product -Brand
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
The e-Bike Leader will be responsible to create and evolve the Product and Customer experience as it relates to Buzz Branded products. Additional products such as e-Scooters, and electrified products such as lawn and garden items (wagons and wheelbarrows) are included. This position will have P&L responsibility for all Buzz Branded products. While the selected person will have a small team, to be successful this position will require high drive and determination along with a roll-up the sleeves work ethic. The compensation component of this position is heavily commission based; therefore will require a competitive and aggressive sales mindset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Responsible for planning and executing the overall Sales, Marketing, and Product strategies to grow Buzz e-Product sales.
· Willingness to be both strategic and tactical to provide a hands-on approach is important to success in the role.
· Strong understanding of both the marketing and operational elements such as lead time, development, testing, and compliance.
· Must possess strong leadership skills and experiences.
· Develop product portfolio and product roadmap for Buzz Branded products.
· Work with the UWI Marketing team to develop product specific promotion plans to drive sales of Buzz e-Products.
· Evaluate and suggest new distribution channels and retail partners for Buzz e-Products.
· Drive a positive end user experience through product interface, product performance, purchase experience and packaging.
· Work with Marketing to research customer unmet and unknown needs, market trends and white space
· Develop products with the end consumer in-mind. Test early prototypes and samples with consumers to obtain feedback. Use feedback to further develop product to consumer needs
· Use customer feedback as a product improvement
· Owns the global product development of Buzz e-Products.
· Leads the product development team from initial inception to final product.
· Identify new product segments to pursue and manage the seasonal launch of each product category.
· Collaborate with internal and external business partners on product category objectives and develop the strategy, plans and budgets to achieve goals.
· Owns the P&L for the Buzz brand.
· Develop suite of reporting tools and KPI’s to effectively benchmark Buzz eProducts performance and communicate to stakeholders across the United Wheels, Inc. brands.
· Will share status and progress to all stakeholders, including the Board of Directors.
· Strong presentation skills are required.
Leads employees in the Buzz e-Products Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required. A track record of successfully collaborating with other functional areas (marketing, sales, ecommerce, and direct to consumer teams, etc.) is required. Experience dealing with global initiatives would be helpful.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Microsoft Office, knowledge of systems, software and hardware, including application systems and operating systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.