Bicycle Service Writers & Bike Builders
Posted by Wheat Ridge Cyclery on 02/20/2023
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Retail - Bike Mechanic - Ski Technician
Company Type: Retailer
City: Wheat Ridge
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $16 - $23/hr
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Founded in 1973, Wheat Ridge Cyclery (WRC) is an acclaimed and highly regarded industry leader. With an emphasis on legendary customer service, comprehensive knowledge and professional expertise, WRC is currently seeking career-oriented, passionate people to join our team of cycling industry professionals. Our 30,000 sq. ft. shop, that employs over 60 talented bike people, wants to hear from you!
Service Writers are solely responsible for check-in/out, diagnosing issues and selling service solutions. Service Writers must be very knowledgeable in the wide range of current and older componentry, including:
· Road, mountain, gravel and commuter bike drivetrains
· Braking systems
· E-bike motors from Shimano, Bosch, Hyena, TQ & Specialized
· All other bicycle systems of various technological eras that will be encountered in a diagnostic format
Dynamic personality, positive attitude, professionalism and a proven ability to provide customers with best-in-class service. This is a very busy, high-volume service department. The ability to provide engaged and thorough care and empathy for each and every customer is key to the success of the department and to the continued high esteem we enjoy in our market. Listening closely and providing a legendary customer service experience are mandatory!
Builders are responsible for the assembly of new bikes for sales floor.
· Assemble and tune new bikes to a high standard of quality and with high productivity
· Builders assemble: children's bikes, road & gravel bikes, mountain bikes, e-bikes, custom builds, cargo bikes and more!
· Typical build tasks include: install and adjust cables and housing, mount various components, true wheels, install and adjust brakes and drivetrain, check bolts and make the bike ready to ride
· Experience as a bicycle assembler or bicycle mechanic preferred
WHAT YOU BRING
A developed and sincere passion for cycling in any discipline is a must. Culture is important at WRC. We strive to provide a safe place to work and a fun place for our customers to shop.
Our Core Values:
WHAT WE OFFER
Flexibility, benefits and a professional, friendly environment of like-minded cyclists awaits. Denver offers 300+ days of sunshine annually, with a cyclocentric culture offering a wealth of resources for every cycling discipline.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Starting hourly pay range:
- Service Writers, $18 - $23/hr
- Bike Builders, $16 - $23/hr
- Monthly sales-goal based bonuses up to $1,200
- 401(k) investment plan with an employer match up to 4%
- Employee purchase discounts
- Vacation and holiday pay*
- Health, dental and vision benefit plans*
- Personal demo bike allowance*
- Aflac supplemental insurance*
* after meeting eligibility requirements
About Wheat Ridge Cyclery
We offer a vast selection
of state-of-the-art products coupled with over 200 combined years of industry
expertise, custom fitting, unequalled mechanical prowess and a genuine caring
smile for all who visit
Since 1973, Wheat Ridge Cyclery has been dedicated to the sport of cycling and all it encompasses. Our devotion to cycling shines through in our commitment to providing complete customer satisfaction through unparalleled service, expert advice and a unique bicycle shopping experience.