Social Media Community Specialist
Posted by PEARL iZUMi on 08/08/2022
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Customer Service
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY SPECIALIST
Overview of Role:
As the Social Media Community Specialist, your role is to monitor and start conversations to build relationships with members of the PEARL iZUMi and NATHAN communities through social engagement. You will partner with our other members of the marketing team to identify trends and build on insights from the community. You will play a key role in responding to our social media community and support a positive social media presence for our brands. In short, you are an extension of the PEARL iZUMi and NATHAN brands, and often, our first line of defense. You love social media, understand the basics of social media execution, are full of creative courage, and demonstrate strong initiative. You should be in tune to the cycling lifestyle and know what resonates with riders.
Excellent communication skills, a passion for our sports, and a love for social media engagement are keys to your success in this position!
- Identify and connect with fans, super users, influencers and advocates to increase reach and engagement
- Connect with the PEARL iZUMi and NATHAN audiences by managing communities on branded social properties (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Tik-Tok, etc.).
- Assist Manager with the execution of our social media strategy to grow engagement, increase exposure and mitigate risk.
- Craft engaging, brand building posts to connect with passionate riders and runners.
- Grow your ability to find themes and monitor conversations across social media and respond to comments across multiple platforms.
- Pull insights through social listening tools to inform product decisions and community health.
- Learn the PEARL iZUMi and NATHAN brand voices and support Manager and Customer Service on responding to escalation and flagging key trends, both industry wide and product specific.
- Assist with generating insights, pulling data and providing recommendations to optimize community management through reporting
- Keep up to date on social media platforms, tools and technologies and share relevant new trends with the broader team
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or related field, preferred
- 2+ years of professional community and/or social media experience required
- 2+ years of experience writing social media copy
- Mastery of current social media platforms and enthusiasm to learn and develop what’s next
- Experience using social listening tools to gauge conversation (Simply Measured, Sysomos, Netbase, etc.) and scheduling/posting tools (Hootsuite, Sprout, Sprinklr), preferred
- Strong command of MS Office applications, required
- Knowledge and confidence to develop and communicate a point of view
- Creative thinker who is always looking for new ways to interact with our audience to bring them closer to our brands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help wherever necessary
- Embraces and lives the PEARL iZUMi & NATHAN values
- Passionate about bikes and the cycling culture
-Photography, video, and editing skills a plus
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.