Go-To-Market Brand Manager
Posted by Shimano North America Holding, Inc. on 01/09/2023
Industry Sector: Fishing, Hunting/Shooting, Outdoor
Job Categories: Marketing & Digital Marketing
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Go-To-Market Brand Manager
Shimano North America Holding, Inc. is a global company that offers the world's sporting community top labels and brands, including Shimano, G. Loomis, Power Pro, and Lazer Sports.
We are seeking a Go-To-Market Brand Manager to join our Fish team!! At Shimano, we welcome your talent, innovation, and enthusiasm.
We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and incentives and are proud to support our employees' health and happiness. We offer paid time off, medical, dental, vision, employer-matching 401k, wellness incentives, a fully equipped onsite gym, rideshare program, and much more.
The Go-To-Market Brand Manager represents Shimano's brands and produces all dealer and consumer promotional efforts. This role oversees the product marketing team to drive content creation and strategic mar/com distribution. Success in this position is to drive demand by working with the sales, supply chain, product, and eBusiness teams while closely interacting with key retailers.
· Execute all consumer-facing marketing efforts and brand messages of the Shimano brands for the U.S.
· Support and create global marketing promotions and creative requests from corporate headquarters.
· Conceptualizes and implements design solutions that meet marketing strategies from concept to completion.
· Develop and manage the content map that displays existing content assets and highlights content needs by buyer segment and funnel stage.
· Implement the creative development process, including brief development, reviews, and production.
· Effectively execute the brands' positioning, identity, and marketing messages. Collaborate with product and brand marketing teams and outside vendors to ensure that product positioning and messages are aligned with other products, corporate strategy, and brand identity.
· Review work performed to ensure consistency across all media channels.
· Manage a rich content/editorial calendar to match marketing initiatives. Deliver new content to support demand gen campaigns, including emails, landing pages, thank you pages, etc., and new content assets.
· Oversee additional marketing content development, including PR, press releases, catalog content, and sales tools.
· Assist in the development of Merchandising/Fixture/POP collateral/ Event support
· Effectively plan and lead projects working directly and collaboratively with cross-functional teams, internal key stakeholders, and external partners.
· Own and organize the Go To Market marketing campaign plans and calendars
· Communicate new content initiatives and operating results throughout the organization
· Interact with other Shimano offices to coordinate all marketing efforts.
· Ensure content marketing efforts support SEO and keyword targeting.
· Manage marketing budgets to maximize exposure while controlling budget to set goals.
· Monthly Budget tracking of all marketing funds and accounts.
· Oversee and record all advertising payments and invoices monthly.
· Coordinate and attend dealer camps and writer events.
· Constantly develop new media relations to expand our consumer reach.
· Represent Shimano as the lead contact with all media, online, web, social and vendor relations.
· Plan Social Media programs and content yearly for maximum exposure.
· Coordinate website updates, content, and consistent look with other forms of media.
· Manage event selection, planning, and logistics. Create an event and trip reports for continual process improvement.
· Evaluate different channels and mediums (including interactive elements, video, and infographics) to determine the best opportunities to engage target audiences.
· Drive effective strategies for content creation and lead generation with a focus on data and metrics-focused decision making
· Exercise a data-centric approach to gather user insights and use data to improve engagement
· Ability to effectively toggle between strategic thinking and tactical execution
· Conduct research to benchmark best practices, and understand consumer marketing dynamics to target the consumers/customers effectively. Analyze digital and traditional marketing trends and development of marketing plans that meet strategic goals.
· Manage financial resources assigned to all marketing efforts and optimize return on the marketing spend. Collaborate with leadership to prepare and monitor budget assumptions within each product category.
· Support and enhance social media marketing efforts with focused content management and measure effectiveness.
· Analyze web metrics and dashboards emphasizing measuring demand thru content traffic and conversion.
· Effectively manage projects and employees to achieve maximum efficiency and results.
· Leads team members to ensure the effectiveness of messaging and integrity of the brand to all internal and external audiences, communicating expectations and standards of work quality.
· Interact with the corporate team on brand development efforts of all brands.
· Assist other departments of the Fishing Division as needed or assigned.
· Represent the company professionally and knowledgeably at all times.
· 5 - 7 years prior experience in a marketing position is required.
· Industry and fishing knowledge and skills preferred.
· Ability to demonstrate and explain product technologies, features, and benefits.
· Detailed knowledge of digital and traditional marketing, advertising, and promotion.
· Strong creative skills, problem-solving skills, and presentation skills.
· Ability to manage others, both internal and contract employees, to accomplish detailed tasks on time and within budget.
· Ability to write technical and engaging articles, press releases, and B2B emails. Good understanding of writing style or tone based on the audience you are speaking to.
· Exceptional Time management and planning skills.
· Ability to travel, work extended show hours, and be willing to work outside of normal office hours.
· Ability to work without direct supervision.
· Must have a strong "can do" attitude, leadership skills, and the ability to motivate others.
· Ability to work within various social media platforms.
· Photography and videography experience and skills preferred.
· Event planning and support skills.
· Mid to high-level computer skills. Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing or equivalent experience
Professional office environment with frequent domestic travel for fresh and saltwater fishing events.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Shimano North America reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
Shimano North America is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.