National Sales Manager
Posted by Endura on 03/02/2023
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Management - Sales
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 7 - 10 years
Contact Name: Kimberly Truong
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
National Sales Manager - Endura Inc.
Remote position with 40% travel.
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers in the UK and we also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. Our employees are spread across Europe, Asia, the US and Canada and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
+ Success is a team game
+ With clarity and courage
+ Better as standard
+ In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The National Sales Manager will lead the performance and direction of the commercial sales team for the Endura North America business.
Responsible for leading the existing sales team and building out additional independent sales representatives to deliver against sales goals and profit targets. This role is responsible for the delivery of long term, sustainable, harmonious, and profitable business through the creation of joint business plans and expansion into new markets and channels.
The NSM have a deep understanding of the US cycle/outdoor market and customers, working internally with the Endura Brand Manager, Product Merchandiser and the Global Endura team to develop and deliver the strategy in the US.
The role you’d play:
- Accountable for the delivery of the Endura commercial strategy as developed in conjunction with the North American Brand Manager and global Endura team
- Responsible for delivering the Endura commercial plan with key customers and channels, maximizing investment, and delivery of initiatives
- Leading the existing sales team in the US market and guide its the expansion in the USA
- Manage sales force performance through regular communication and travel
- Help develop and implement sales incentive programs as required to achieve sales targets
- Lead, coach and develop the commercial sales team
- Responsible for quarterly reviews of direct reports and ensure performance objectives are outlined and completed in according with Pentland Brands procedures
- Participates in the management and growth of the Endura distributor relationships in the Americas
- Build trust with National and Key retailers to create joint value, influence long-term strategic decisions and lead the delivery of objectives through an accelerated 1–3-year joint business plan
- Collaborate with the Pentland North America commercial team to execute multi-brand sales strategy at identified multi-category retailers
- Support exploring, shaping, and developing future plans for the Endura US Strategy that feed into the global Endura plan and build investment proposals as required
- Represent the customer across all functional areas (product, marketing supply, Insights etc.) when building the commercial plan
- Accountable for leading, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, empowering, and retaining talent on the commercial team
- Bring in to the global Endura team a deep understanding of customers and their needs, feeding into Pentland processes; both strategic (long term) and tactical (short term) needs
- Support the team in trade terms negotiations ensuring legal compliance and leveraging value from our commercial agreements to deploy our brand propositions and drive consumer experience
- Accountable for cost centre budget and customer P&L for relevant channels
- Organize and maintain relationship with Independent Sales Representatives for the Endura brand in identified territories
- Regular travel to and participation in sales meetings and Joint Business Plan creations with direct reports and regional & national level accounts
The must haves:
- 7-10 years of cycling or outdoor specialty retail experience
- Ability to travel approximately 40% of the time
- Experience leading and managing commercial teams with a demonstrated success achieving sales targets
- You will have a proven track record of managing regional accounts and delivering results
- You will have strong communication skills and the ability to lead negotiations and build a persuasive selling story
- You will have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Must have the ability and experience to lead a team and manage a range of stakeholders
- You will have strong Influencing skills, have demonstrated the experience of working in a multi-functional team and possess the ability to influence internal and external shareholders
- You will have strong commercial acumen, understanding broader business financial principles, how to manage profitability to achieve financial gains, and use this to influence strategy
- Strong planning and organizational skills are also required
Endura and Pentland Brands are an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, we have a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, applicants are asked not to disclose salary history information.
Endura was founded in Scotland in 1993 with a no-nonsense commitment to advancing the performance and function of cycle apparel for all. As a maverick brand, it immediately launched a host of novel and challenging products that have gone on to earn iconic status globally and in many cases reset the benchmark of function and durability for the industry. This philosophy and disruptive innovation has carried the brand from Scottish local hero to global market leader.