Outside Specialty Sales Manager (Remote)
Posted by Alete Active Nutrition on 03/07/2023
Industry Sector: Action, Bike, Fitness, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Sales - Company Rep & Support
Company Type: Nutrition
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
About the Company
At Alete Active Nutrition, we believe in the health benefits of living an active life. We are creating a portfolio of athlete-focused sports nutrition brands, including SaltStick, JoJé Bar, and Bonk Breaker, that provide the people, prowess, and products to activate an athlete's potential for a healthy life. Alete Nutrition is committed to the development and support of a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative community of athletes, and sees a tremendous opportunity to bring the benefits of athletics and sports nutrition to athletes of all sports, skill levels, genders, geographies, ethnicities, and backgrounds.
About the Position
We are looking for a proven sales manager who is comfortable working in a dynamic environment, where priorities can shift day to day, is hands on, positive in demeanor and adds value to the team by showing a can-do attitude and inspires the team! Alete’s brands are sold in the Bike, Run and Outdoor channel in a B2B relationship along with distribution through some major cycling and outdoor distributors.
Your responsibility is to develop retailers who are in the direct to retail Bike, Run and Outdoor industry, manage field reps, develop distributor relationships and handle direct retailer requests with professionalism by providing selling solutions, ideas and hustle. You will also be responsible for account planning and sales that will include the BRO retailers along with rep groups and sales teams.
Sales Manager works to ensure individual account plans align to agreed
upon brand strategies as well as volume, spending and profitability
goals. You manage relationships with retailers to deliver best of
market service. It is essential that you- as a part of the Alete Active
Nutrition team and the face of the company be enthusiastic, understand
our core values, have a positive and creative outlook, are professional
and articulate and have a passion for selling.
Please apply here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/75293
- 5+ years sales experience
- Selling in the Bike, Run, Outdoors industry strongly preferred
- Demonstrated industry, channel, and competitor knowledge
- Proven ability to connect with customers to deliver information about products, nutrition, and trends
- An effective communicator through positive and respectful interactions authentically.
- Demonstrated strong presentation skills to both create and tell the story with conversational selling.
- Able to drive execution by owning the tasks from start to finish
- Must be capable of performing several physical activities related to in-store activities, trade shows and travel (approximately 33%)
- Experience with forecasting and budget management.
- Proficiency with MS Office programs, syndicated data sources, and customer data portals as necessary.
- Experience with B2B business systems and on-boarding new customers through programs such as NetSuite, WooCommerce, Shopify, CRM programs, basic warehouse system inquiries to keep orders moving.
- Strong proficiency for trade math, analytics, and the ability to drive recommendations for action and desired results.
- Good driving habits are required. (Valid Driver’s License)
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets of BRO door count and customer growth along with brand and sku expansion.
- Enforce MAP pricing, upgrade online assets to retailers.
- Achieve new item distribution goals and all other brand/item targets.
- Execute approved sales strategies and tactics at the customer (both distributor and retailer) level.
- Responsible for the development and presentation of fact-based, analytical, and compelling sales presentations. Provide ongoing education (Category Management insight) to brokers, distributors, and retailers regarding the category.
- Collaborate with customer marketing to develop comprehensive and aligned annual Account Plans for each of the Sales Controllables (Distribution, Promotion, Pricing and Shelving). Coordinate with marketing and social teams to engage in retailer sponsored tabletops, create point of sales opportunities at retailer led races and on-going brand training to the staff.
- In person- and phone selling to develop and manage relationships with retailers to assist them in creating consumer demand at the store level. Work directly with retailers to optimize program effectiveness and execution against AAN strategies.
- Train and communicate with store managers and staff on our brands benefits and usage.
- Actively participate on the Sales Team through collaboration, communication and best-practice sharing.
- The Specialty Territory Manager is responsible for building out geographies where we do not currently have representation. They will need to actively communicate any significant changes (i.e. competitive, Account Plans) in each territory to Customer Marketing and Sales Management. They will also be required to use this information to keep Account Plans up to date.
- Collaborate with all functional areas of AAN, including Finance, Supply Chain, Customer Service, IT, Human Resources, and Customer Marketing.
Alete offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401K.
Be Yourself…Please apply here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/75293
About Alete Active Nutrition
Alete Active Nutrition is a portfolio of sports nutrition brands
designed by athletes for active people. We provide the products,
prowess, and people that empower you to activate your potential.?