Director of Finance
Posted by Mayfly Outdoors on 05/16/2023
Industry Sector: Fishing, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Finance
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 10+ years
Contact Name: Tracy Bishop
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $125,000 - $150,000
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Job Title: Director of Finance
Job Classification: Exempt
Wage Range: $125,000 - $150,000
Base Work Schedule: M-F 7:30am-4:30pm (flex schedule available after successful completion of first 90 days of employment)
Location: Montrose, CO
Reports to: CEO
Who We Are
Do you love the outdoors and adventuring? Do you strive for excellence and enjoy collaborating with a team of innovative, dedicated, and growth-oriented people? If so, then consider joining the exceptional people team at Mayfly Outdoors, where inspiring adventure, elevating the fly fishing experience, and encouraging anglers to catch more fish through quality products is our mission.
What We Value
- Fish Together - Collaboration. Teamwork. Family.
- Presentation - Quality. Pride. Integrity.
- Hatch the Match - Innovate. Take Risks. Get It Done.
- Wade Upstream - Improvement. Growth. Development.
- Be the Guide - Customer Experience. Reputation. Expertise.
The Director of Finance Mayfly Outdoors will be managing all financial elements of the business including, including corporate accounting, management accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as continuous improvement and development of internal control policies and procedures. The Director of Finance collaborates with all departments to track cost of operations, set budgets, and direct financing strategies/planning and create and maintain efficient administrative systems.
The Director of Finance will oversee the U.S. finance team that looks after multiple subsidiaries and partners with the UK based accounting team to ensure overall success for the finance team.
The ideal candidate will have experience as an accountant in a fast paced environment, preferably in a senior role, looking after multiple companies/subsidiaries.
As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, the Director will streamline our budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes. They will also produce thorough financial-status reports for senior managers to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth.
Benefits and Perks
Mayfly Outdoors offers competitive compensation and benefits packages, including: medical, dental & vision insurance, matching 401K retirement plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Dog friendly work environment, state of the art facility, ample indoor and outdoor space with San Juan mountain views dedicated for breaks and lunches and getting to know your team members, private pond on property for fishing and practicing casting, pro discounts, steep Ross, Abel, and Airflo deals for employees.
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You collaborate and communicate effectively with others
- You take pride in your work and you minimize unproductive time
- You ask for tools needed to perform your job efficiently and effectively
- You are solution focused and you both encourage and empower your coworkers to do the same
- You coordinate, communicate, and execute in the absence of supervision
- You demonstrate a positive and professional attitude toward staff, co-workers, internal and external customers, and management
- You want your coworkers to succeed and are willing to contribute to their success
- Fully develop and manage operating and capital budgets.
- Manage cash flow forecasts and cash
- Manage annual forecasting process and accuracy
- Reviews all journal entries, financial statements, payables, chart of accounts, tax returns, and licenses.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Prepares monthly income statements for all departments and participates in monthly financial review meetings.
- Analyzes information, forecasts revenue against expenses and creates an annual budget and capital plans.
- Produces accurate forecasts that enable operations to react to changes in the business.
- Reviews quarterly and annual financials
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Provides analytical support during financial reviews to identify cost savings and productivity opportunities for departments.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Files quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others.
- Advocates sound financial/business decision making.
- Communicates the strategic goals clearly and precisely; leverages strong functional leadership to influence the executive team and lead their team.
- Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to the established procedures
- Advises the General Manager and executive team on existing and evolving operating/financial issues
- Communicates financial concepts in a straightforward manner that is easy to understand
- Ensures team members are adequately trained and can successfully support daily operations.
Education and Experience
- Ten years or more of related experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, Masters degree preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- Proven working experience as a Director of Finance
- Experienced in working with intercompany transactions
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Advance skill set with accounting software user and administration skills
- Advance Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Advance skills with Microsoft Office Suite, NetSuite or related software.
- Advance experience working within an ERP software system (Netsuite)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
About Mayfly Outdoors
WHO WE ARE
Founded in the Rocky Mountains, our mission at Mayfly is to inspire adventure. We are an outdoor products company and Certified B® Corporation headquartered in Montrose, Colorado.
WHAT WE DO
We design, engineer, and manufacture fly fishing equipment. Company subsidiaries operate under several brand names, including Abel, Ross Reels, and Airflo. Combined, these businesses are the recipients of more industry “Awards in Excellence” for innovation, dependability, and performance than any other fly-fishing tackle manufacturers globally.