Posted by TBA Outdoors on 05/19/2023
Industry Sector: Fishing, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, WaterSports
Job Categories: Account Executive/Rep, Marketing & Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media - Digital Marketing
Company Type: RepAgency
State: FL, NC, SC
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Full-time Account Manager Position with TBA Outdoors - Work from home flexibility
We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager with advertising agency and outdoor industry experience to join our growing team. We are looking for someone who is focused on building our client's business and providing clear strategic direction.
About TBA Outdoors
TBA Outdoors is a division of Brandon, a full-service marketing and communications firm focused on the outdoor lifestyle industry. Our clients include Contender Boats, Fish Hippie, Southern Point Co., Frogg Toggs, Outdoor America, Over Under, Southeastern Wildlife Expo, Elite MMA and more. We have locations in Charleston SC, Charlotte NC, Orlando FL, and Myrtle Beach SC.
What's it like to work as an Account Manager at TBA Outdoors?
This role is the main contact for the client at the agency and will be interfacing with various agency disciplines. A key component in both the agency and client's success, this role is responsible for developing written briefs to align the strategic direction with the services the agency is providing for the client. While this position does require in office time and in person meetings with clients, it will only be on an as needed basis and you will not be required to be at one of our office locations 5 days a week.
Responsibilities for this role:
- Handles day-to-day activities for all assigned clients.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients' projects through project managers, account coordinators, production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- Receives client briefings. Fills out client conference reports for all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel. Quickly and accurately relays client changes and/or information to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively presents, sells, and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of all relevant client, industry, and market developments.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, estimates and proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media, social and public relations plans.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls and emails.
- Facilitates team meetings
- Oversees execution of approved programs and ensures they are completed on time and on budget.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of all materials.
- Reviews billing and draft invoices prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Participates in drafting agency blog content and presenting at agency lunch and learns in an effort to share knowledge and collaborate with agency colleagues.
- Informs supervisor regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves supervisor immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Keeps account coordinator/assistant informed of client activities.
Qualifications for this role:
- 5 to 10 years of account management, ideally at an agency
- Must be an outdoor enthusiast (Hunting, Fishing, Hiking Camping, etc.)
- Experience working with outdoor lifestyle brands (Hunting, Fishing, Hiking Camping, etc.) is a plus
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple team members and clients
- Proficient with Google Workspace is a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics and AdWords, Ads Manager, and Mailchimp
About TBA Outdoors
At TBA Outdoors, our fully integrated marketing firm boasts a team of experienced, outdoors-oriented professionals who can hit every target in the marketing spectrum. Driven by data and KPIs, we intently focus on maximizing ROI for our clients. For us, delivering results is job one — and building long-term partnerships is part of the process.