Ecommerce Operations Specialist
Posted by Helly Hansen on 06/06/2023
Industry Sector: Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Ecommerce Management
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Founded in Norway in 1877, Helly Hansen continues to develop professional-grade apparel that helps people stay and feel alive. Through insights drawn from living and working in the world’s harshest environments, the company has a long legacy of delivering first-to-market innovations, including the first supple waterproof fabrics over 140 years ago. Other breakthroughs include the first fleece fabrics in the 1960s, the first technical base layers in the 1970s, and the award winning and patented H2Flow™, temperature regulating system. Recently, Helly Hansen won the coveted Outside Magazine “Gear of the Year” award for the Odin Infinity Insulated Jacket, which features proprietary technologies including Lifaloft™, insulation and Lifa Infinity Pro™, a waterproof breathable construction made without chemical treatments, providing long-lasting durable water resistance (DWR) without a coating, continuing our of innovation.
Helly Hansen is a leader in both technical sailing and performance ski apparel. Its ski uniforms are worn and trusted by over 55,000 professionals, as well as Olympians, National Teams, and over 200 ski resorts and mountain guiding operations around the world. Helly Hansen’s outerwear, base layers, sportswear, footwear, and workwear and sold in more than 40 countries and are trusted by professionals and enthusiasts around the world.
Helly Hansen operates globally, with offices in over 19 countries and is owned by Canadian Tire Corporation (CTC). To learn more about Helly Hansen and their latest collections, visit www.hellyhansen.com
DTC Operations Specialist Helly Hansen, North America
We are looking for a Direct-To-Consumer Operations Specialist who is an expert at Omnichannel operations including logistics, payments, shipping and returns to help us create great customer experiences through our DTC channels. The role will collaborate closely with the full digital team in both North America and EU, as well as the Finance department, Distribution Center and IT department.
The DTC Operations Specialist will play a key role in driving digital projects to ensure an excellent customer experience on all Helly Hansen’s DTC channels in North America. The role will also work closely with rest of the business to ensure correct and optimized backend-processes.
It is required that the person is “hands-on” and has experience with deploying and using tools to monitor and test performance and manage the user experience and design across touchpoints.
· Help develop and execute a strategy and plan for improving North American DTC (Brick-and-Mortar and Ecommerce) operations at Helly Hansen
· Play key role in development of omnichannel operational capabilities to create unified experience for consumers in all DTC channels
· Oversee Ecommerce order processing and fulfilment and ensure consistency with communicated customer timelines. Ensure timely support plus resolution of potential issues and delays
· Identify bottlenecks in consumer experience as it relates to operations and help identify and implement cross-functional solutions
· Review and optimize payment options, shipping methods, return/exchange processes – making sure that we are always implementing best-in-class consumer experiences
· Manage payments and fraud daily as well as support longer term payment/fraud projects that include customer care, the finance team, retail operations and third-party vendors.
· Implement and manage best practice monitoring tools for errors and issues related to the payment flow
· Ensure compliance with tax rules and regulations for different countries
· Help optimize the internal reconciliation process related to orders, returns, exchanges and refunds, ensuring automation as much as possible
· Negotiate prices and terms with payment providers
· Manage day-to-day operations and cases that arise related to payments and fraud
· Manage post-purchase payment flow ensuring that our customers have a pain-free returns or exchange process
· Support the North American market with both day-to-day issues that arise, as well as with improving processes
· Monitor chargebacks
· Optimize payment authorization vs fraud risk ongoing
· Create and manage dashboards to monitor and share KPIs
· Assist Logistics manager with negotiation of terms, conditions and prices with shipping providers in order optimize shipping times and prices
· Review shipping options and ETA solutions
· Proactively identify operational problems and facilitate solutions with appropriate parties
· Initiate, collaborate and or manage projects to enhance customer fulfillment experience
· Identify and implement new processes to prevent issues and improve operations
Reports to: Ecommerce Manager, North America
Location: Denver metro area
What we are looking for:
- Passion for the outdoors, skiing, and/or sailing
- Excels at leading in cross-functional situations
- 3+ years’ experience within Ecommerce operations
- Comfortable negotiating
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in retail, business, operations, or related field
· Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory. Skills in Norwegian, Swedish, German, French, Italian, and/or Spanish are a strong bonus.
- Ability to thrive in a lean, high-growth environment
- Ability to work well across functions, diverse communities and different time zones
· A culture that rewards excellence in an exciting phase of growth and new opportunities
· An ambitious, dynamic, creative, and international environment
· Discounts on great gear
· Competitive compensation and benefits, and an active environment with passion for sports
· Travel Requirements: Ability to travel, including potential international travel
This position is a full-time employment with compensation between $50,000 and $70,000 depending on experience. Position is located in Denver, CO.
About Helly Hansen
Founded in Norway in 1877, Helly Hansen continues to develop professional grade apparel that helps people stay and feel alive. Through insights drawn from living and working in the world’s harshest environments, the company has developed a long list of first-to-market innovations, including the first supple waterproof fabrics more than 140 years ago. Helly Hansen is a leader in technical sailing and performance ski apparel, as well as premium workwear. Its uniforms are worn and trusted by more than 55,000 professionals and can be found on Olympians, National Teams, and at more than 200 ski resorts and mountain guiding operations around the world.