Outdoor Education Instructor
Posted by Pali Institute on 06/09/2023
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Outdoor Education
Company Type: Retail, TravelandTourism
City: Running Springs
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Contact Name: Shannon Kane
Contact Phone: 909-939-0877
Job Type: Seasonal Full Time
Salary: $600-$645/per week
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Outdoor Education Instructor
Start Date is August 14th.
Why Join Pali Institute!
Are you wanting to further your knowledge and experience while doing what you are passionate about in the beautiful mountains of Southern California we have the job for you! We pay for your offsite housing, food, and utilities!
- Total Compensation Package from $955-$1000 a week
- Housing, utilities, and other paid amenities also included.
- Pay dependent on level of education.
- Compensation includes pay estimated at 4 nights in cabin, $600-$645 a week.
- Base pay $400-$445 with additional $50 for each night spent in cabin.
- Bonus of $500 for those that arrive on August 14th and Finish June 7th.
- $25 promotion based available every 10 weeks up to 30 weeks.
- End of season gifts include insulated mugs, vest and puffy jackets!
Travel reimbursements available for anyone traveling from out of state, driving or flying. Restrictions apply.
Build a Future with Pali
- Trainings for Ropes Leads, and School Leads available your first season.
- These positions include a $10-$40 pay raise.
- Senior Instructor and Leadership positions available after completion of 1 Season.
- These positions include a $280-$325 per week pay raise.
Instructors Role at Pali:
- Safety of children while teaching outdoor education, science, and leadership classes.
- Both co-teaching and solo teaching off an accredited lesson plan.
- In-cabin overnight with up to 11 children 2-4 nights a week.
- Group management of cabin during down time including games of gaga ball, hikes, and tons of other camp games!
Hours and Start Date:
- Full-time seasonal position
- Start Dates:
- August 14, 2023
- January 3, 2024
- End Dates:
- December 20, 2023
- June 7, 2024
All Instructors Must:
- College degree required or program experience equivalent
- Prior camp counselor experience is a plus
- Have prior experience working with children. (Preferably in grades 4th-12th.)
- Possess ability to work in a team environment with 100+ other staff.
- Be flexible and adjust to changes quickly.
- Have ability to handle concerns and issues in a constructive manner.
- Work as both cabin instructors and field instructors.
- Typical week requires 2-4 overnights in cabin with students.
Our Top Instructors Are:?
- Experienced in the camping and/or experiential education fields.
- Able to have fun with kids, laugh at yourself and be silly!
- Passionate about Science, Outdoor Education and/or Leadership Development.
- Comfortable and confident teaching and instruction small and large groups of students.
- Willing to learn and grow through constructive feedback, in a timely manner.
Perks to the Job:
- Working with awesome, like-minded people!!
- Off-Site Housing accommodations included for out-of-cabin and off-hours use.
- Housing includes utilities, Wi-Fi, furnishings, and streaming access.
- Get paid for up to 8 hours of volunteering with a non-profit organization of your choice.
- Pro Deals from companies like Prana, Black Dimond and more.
- Partial education reimbursement for any classes or courses completed while at Pali.
- Living in Southern California- Easy access to beaches, theme parks, national parks, and tons of local outdoor recreation.
- Private on-site lounge for Instructors with cozy couches, internet access and Netflix.
- Hours here can count towards your educational degree teaching hours.
- $250 referral bonuses available.
- 50% off healthcare covered after 60 days.
Apply with us today to learn more!
Link to explore more about our program and position!