Sales Account Executive
Posted by United by Blue on 09/12/2023
Industry Sector: Action, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Account Executive/Rep, Sales - Company Rep & Support, Sales - Inside - Product & Reservations
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment
State: CT, NJ, NY, PA
City: New York
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $75k - 95k + Commission
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Sales Account Executive
Who Are We?
United by Blue is a sustainability first outdoor lifestyle brand that has been cleaning the oceans for over 13 years. At the core of our business model is our promise to remove one pound of trash from oceans and waterways for every product we sell. All our products are crafted with the goal of reducing single-use plastics in our packaging and supply chain and using low-waste materials. The United by Blue brand is licensed by Gina Group.
At Gina Group, we expertly and efficiently design, license, manufacture, and distribute a diverse range of high quality products in a variety of categories. We function as a partner, an advisor, and an advocate to our customers and bring our 38 years of experience in the consumer product industry. We understand that it is our privilege to be trusted, and have built relationships over years - even decades. Our clients know that they can trust us because we have consistently proved our reliability time and time again.
To learn more, please visit us at www.unitedbyblue.com.
What We Are Looking For
Gina Group is looking to hire a full time qualified Sales Account Executive to represent our United by Blue bag, hydration, and sock product lines.
You will be responsible for developing and cultivating long term relationships with customers, including overseeing sales and all that is related to your customer. Customers will be primarily in the outdoor/active space and adjacent categories.
As a Sales Account Executive, you will generate sales leads with new clients and maintain relationships with existing ones. You should have excellent communication and negotiation skills and be customer service oriented. You will be the single point of contact with them. We are looking for someone who can thrive at Gina Group, has a great work ethic, is motivated to learn and grow, and who can deliver on assignments. You will have the support of a best in class design and production teams. A positive attitude, creativity, organization and persistence is key. Above all, you are expected to be devoted to the United by Blue mission of sustainability in all forms.
• Generate business and sales opportunities using existing and potential customer networks in the outdoor retail and adjacent spaces
• Develop positive relationships with clients and manage accounts for long-term success as the business’ main point of contact
• Work hand in hand with our in-house design and merchandising teams to help build product pitches to your customers
• Understand the retail purchasing calendar of outdoor retailers such as REI, Dicks, etc and effectively tailor sales pitches as needed
• Effectively process feedback from customers and make necessary iterations to pitches where needed
• Set and track monthly sales quotas
• Attend trade shows as needed (Outdoor Retailer Show)
• Follow up on open orders with fulfillment team
• Ensure stock inventory is being sold and turned at a regular pace
• Suggest markdowns where needed
• Regularly visit stores of customers, identify selling opportunities, and document key findings
• Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth
• Manage and update showroom aesthetic on regular basis, including pulling samples
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Minimum 3 years of B2B sales experience in the outdoor and sport market
• An ability to deliver outstanding customer experience while exceeding sales targets
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills with an understanding of sales process
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management to support the department’s business needs.
• Understand and follow Gina’s employee policies and procedures.
Benefits and Perks:
· Pay: Annual salary + commission
· PTO and paid holidays
· Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance plans
· 401K Plan
· Profit Sharing Plan
· Commuter Benefit Plan
· Early Fridays
· Team building and Company events
· 4 days in office; 1 day work from home
Gina Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
About United by Blue
At United by Blue our core mission is to provide functional outdoor and sports accessories in a sustainable way, and For every product purchased, United by Blue removes one pound of trash from oceans and waterways.
Better Business Certified
We believe that businesses not only have the ability to be a part of environmental solutions, but a moral responsibility to address them.
From nontoxic, regenerative fibers that keep harmful pesticides out of the environment, to recycled fabrics that put existing trash to good use, we do our best to keep it clean from the very start.
We work on a slow fashion timeline to avoid waste and overproduction, and our manufacturing partners hold some of the highest certifications in social and environmental health.