Sr. Director, Product Management - Performance Footwear
Posted by KEEN Footwear on 09/21/2023
Industry Sector: Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Product -Brand
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Retailer
Country: United States
Required Experience: 10+ years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $225,000 - $250,000
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
The Senior Director, Product Management - Performance is responsible for establishing strategic direction and lifecycle plans for assigned product categories that support business outcomes and ensure categories meet, and ideally exceed, assigned revenue targets.
- Leads the full lifecycle of products in assigned category from conception through launch. Strategizes and executes on growth initiatives.
- Defines critical metrics, derives key insights, drives reporting tools, and devises and executes innovative solutions based on data findings.
- Leads cross functional teams and enables success by removing obstacles and developing strategic relationships throughout the business. Cultivates and develop diverse talent within direct reporting team to improve performance and results.
- Drives P&L for assigned category and achieves financial and business plan results according to the long-range plan.
- Educates employees on the global category market and competitive landscape via key market data analysis, consumer research studies, industry statistics/reporting, and retailer/sales force feedback.
- Presents category product to sales force at key meetings during the product development process, sales meetings, and to buyers at retail.
- Partners with marketing teams to obtain superior end user understanding and insights of each target consumer segment to create seasonal product briefs that drive new product and product solutions.
- Owns category product ideation, innovation, design, development, commercialization, testing/certification, and quality control strategies and processes.
- Partners with Marketing teams to develop powerful new product launch strategies. Collaborates with Sales and Marketing teams to develop materials for sales force and retailers to position and market product stories to the consumer.
- Leads the seasonal product development process from line start to sample shipment. Works with direct reports, cross functional participants, key account ‘thought leaders,’ and ROFU Development organization each development season to maximize adoption potential of all new product ideas.
- Manages the costing of product line and ensures weighted gross margin achieves annual profitability targets.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in footwear category or business unit management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field is required.
- Advanced knowledge of the entire footwear product lifecycle components including manufacturing and development.
- Comprehensive knowledge of US and international markets and how to develop global product line offerings across multiple segments and price points.
- Proven success in long range planning, forecasting, meeting gross margin targets, and driving profitable growth.
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of P&L components.
- Outstanding data analytics and articulation skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive partners.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with an ability to compel action at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional influencing skills, with experience engaging diverse set of cross-functional partners
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends.
- Ability to inspire and motivate a team, both direct and non-direct reports and peers.
- Ability to successfully supervise and lead a team of direct reports and influence a team of cross functional peers.
Up to 20% of work time will involve travel
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without cause.
Base Salary: $225,000 - $250,000 yearly
This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for this position. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, knowledge and skills, and location. Our base salary is just one component of our competitive total rewards strategy which includes numerous benefits and perks as well as specific health and welfare benefits.
Why Work at KEEN: Driven by a passion for life outside, KEEN is a values-led, independently owned brand from Portland, Oregon, that’s on a mission to create original and versatile products, improve lives, and inspire outside adventure. Founded in 2003, KEEN launched a revolution in the footwear industry with the introduction of the Newport adventure sandal, and has donated more than $18 million to non-profit organizations and causes around the world to promote responsible outdoor recreation, including conservation efforts to protect open spaces. KEEN strives to show the world through its products and its actions that a business for good can actually be good for business. By giving back, reducing impact, and activating communities and individuals to protect the places where we work and play, KEEN puts its values in motion and takes action to leave the world a better place.
At KEEN, we believe in a more just and equitable future for all people. As a global brand, we acknowledge that our business, buildings, and daily lives exist within the traditional territories of indigenous peoples. We strive for a future that recognizes the knowledge, rights, and resilience of these peoples.
KEEN Footwear is an equal opportunity employer. We value an inclusive and diverse community. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
About KEEN Footwear
Driven by a passion for life outside, KEEN is a values-led, independently owned brand from Portland, Oregon, that’s on a mission to create original and versatile products, improve lives, and inspire outside adventure. Founded in 2003, KEEN launched a revolution in the footwear industry with the introduction of the Newport adventure sandal, and has donated more than $18 million to non-profit organizations and causes around the world to promote responsible outdoor recreation, including conservation efforts to protect open spaces. KEEN strives to show the world through its products and its actions that a business for good can actually be good for business. By giving back, reducing impact, and activating communities and individuals to protect the places where we work and play, KEEN puts its values in motion and takes action to leave the world a better place.