We’ve been serving the Winter Park and Granby Ranch Ski Areas for decades! We’re known for some of the highest quality ski and snowboard rentals in Winter Park and the Fraser Valley and offer a great selection of retail merchandise and accessories.
Ski & Bike Shop General Manager
Posted by XSports on 10/23/2023
Industry Sector: Bike, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Management
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, Retailer, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $55000-70000 DOE
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Full-time, year-round retail ski and outdoor equipment store manager needed! Our fun and fast-paced work environment requires enthusiastic customer interaction, strong teamwork and consistent problem-solving capabilities. We work hard. We play hard. We love where we live!
- Business management, expansion, operations and coordination with accounting team
- Generate sales, demonstrate and maintain an enthusiastic and professional standard of guest service.
- Marketing coordination and social media management
- Provide training resources for employees in POS, product knowledge, guest service, and sales.
- Administer company policies and guidelines.
- Communicate company values and goals to the employees.
- Monitor and control daily payroll budget.
- Set employee schedule and provide timesheets to HR when requested for payroll.
- Maintain merchandising and cleanliness standards.
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals.
- Inventory selection and purchasing
- Enforce company cash handling and other Loss Prevention policies and procedures.
- Recruit and maintain a quality core staff.
- Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products.
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Previous retail/rental experience preferred.
- Business or other associate degree
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Passion for all season’s outdoor sports
- Computer skills at a level high enough to be able to teach employees any needed systems or software.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, holidays and/or weekends.
- Marketing placement and social media management skills a plus
- Bending, lifting (up to 50 pounds) and standing are required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00 - $32.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- 2 years
Weekly day range:
- Weekend availability
- Do you have reliable transportation to get you to and from work?
- Associate (Preferred)
- Customer service: 2 years (Required)
- Supervising: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person
We offer a wide range of equipment at great discounts, including skis, snowboards, snowshoes, snow blades, clothing, fat bike and mountain bike rentals. Our expert tune technicians also offer great services for ski and snowboard repair, binding mounts and everything else in between.
With decades of experience our unique and friendly staff offers the best in customer service. Visit our store, less than 5 miles from Winter Park Resort and see why Ski Broker’s ski and snowboard shop is the best in Grand County!