Supply Chain Analyst
Posted by Shimano North America Holding, Inc. on 11/08/2023
Industry Sector: Bike, Fishing, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Manufacturing, Materials, Operations, Warehouse
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Supply Chain Analyst
Shimano North America Holding, Inc. is a global company that produces products for bicycling and fishing markets. Our fishing division produces and sells products under the Shimano, G. Loomis and Power Pro brands.
We are seeking a Supply Chain Analyst to join our team! At Shimano, we welcome your talent, innovation, and enthusiasm.
We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and incentives and are proud to support our employees' health and happiness. We offer paid time off, medical, dental, vision, employer-matching 401k, wellness incentives, a fully equipped on-site gym, rideshare, and much more.
We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Supply Chain Analyst to join our Shimano team and conduct data analysis with the goal of maintaining and improving forecast accuracy of our sales and supply chain operations, increasing efficiencies, reducing costs, and helping the business to run as smoothly and profitably as possible.
This individual should possess an analytical mind and strong business acumen. Problem-solving skills and attention to detail are essential. If you also have experience in demand planning and forecasting, supply chain processes, and innovation and can bring enthusiasm to the Shimano Team, then please consider the opportunity we have available.
· With the aid of software, create and maintain demand forecast of Shimano products for the North American market.
· Work with the sales team to develop and refine demand plans and forecast models on a monthly basis across various levels of customer and product hierarchy.
· Proactively review demand plans to identify potential issues with forecast models and intervene as required to adjust models/plans to meet sales objectives.
· Provide feedback to the organization on actual forecast performance and collaborate with sales and product management teams to achieve continuous improvement.
· Recommend process improvements to the demand planning process and forecast model preparation to drive performance and reduce costs.
· With the guidance of sales forecast, create an inventory and purchase plan with multi-constraint considerations, including factory operations, risk reduction, and maximizing opportunities.
· Coordinate with various factories in executing supply plans on time and troubleshooting issues in order to protect corporate interests.
· 4 – 7 years of experience with business/operations
· Excellent leadership, strong interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully with a variety of departments.
· Experience in data mining and reporting, with strong analytical skills and a willingness to engage in continuous improvement.
· Strong ability to convert huge amounts of fragmented data into evident-based observation and action points.
· Able to work cross functionally and recommend improvements to boost performance.
This position may require some infrequent travel outside the local area and overnight stays.
BS/BA in Logistics, Business Analytics, Mathematics, or a related field, or demonstrated equivalent experience in demand planning and supply chain management.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job. Shimano North America reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
Shimano North America is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.