Regional Sales Manager - Southwest
Posted by Shimano North America Holding, Inc. on 11/10/2023
Industry Sector: Fishing, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Sales, Sales - Company Rep & Support
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment, Retail
State: AR, CA, LA, OK, TX
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Regional Sales Manager- Southwest
- Develop a short and mid-term strategy for their territory, considering market, retailer, and consumer insight balanced against Shimano’s long-term objectives.
- Prepare and share reports of field activities and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) against hitting targets and forecasts.
- Create annual and monthly sales objectives in coordination with Shimano’s business plan.
- Provide an annual sales plan and quarterly updates, revisions, and modifications to the plan.
- Establish both market channel and key account strategies.
- Spend significant time in the field with individual accounts and co-traveling with sales personnel.
- Coordinate through principal sales rep all in-territory salesmen-focused activities related to sell-in and sell-through of all brands.
- Build sales planning templates. Maintain sales forecasts, territory reporting, and seasonal budgets.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales forecasts for regions and territories; project expected sales volume for existing and new products.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Create annual and monthly sales objectives for field-based reps in coordination with Shimano’s business plan.
- Prepare, review, and manage regional sales budgets and forecasts.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the Product, Promotions Team, and Supply Chain Group.
- Participate in monthly Sales and Operations Calls (S&OP) and bring field information to the group.
- Providing reports to an overseas parent company.
- 5+ years of experience in account and /or territory management.
- 3+ years of experience managing personnel. Have excellent interpersonal communication and management skills.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in performing market analyses to identify profitable growth opportunities, forecasting sales, and developing and implementing sales plans to profitability and grow revenue.
- Experience in creating and managing co-op programs and budgets.
- Experience in Travel and Entertainment (T&E) budget management.
- Skills and ability to utilize analytics to develop strategic sales plans for growth.
- Experience working with a CRM platform.
- General knowledge of the fishing industry.
- Solid experience in MS Office, retail math, and in-store merchandising.
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to operate with minimal supervision.
- This position is based in a territory with extensive travel requirements.