Credits & Accounts Receivable Manager
Posted by Big Agnes on 11/13/2023
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Accounting
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods, Recreation
City: Steamboat Springs
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
To provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of accounts under his or her control.
- Carry out billing, collection, and payment activities according to deadlines
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities; communicate status to ownership and service reps.
- Responsible for directing and reporting the financial performance to Management and Ownership
- Planning and controlling the preparation of the budget, communicating with department managers on monthly spend.
- Prepare, analyze, and distribute timely monthly financial statements
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with lender debt covenants
- Investigate and analyze the variances in data systems.
- Oversee audit and tax functions, coordinate activities with outside audit firms
- Review payroll process and software for accurate reporting
- Monitor, communicate and dispute chargebacks and bad debts
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Work with cross-departmental teams to improve processes, conduct analyses, and measure results
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records
- Process credit card and other merchant processor payments
- Prepare bank deposits and account reconciliations
- Process adjustments and assist with month-end closing
- Provide support for internal and external audits
- Examine credit history using credit agency tools and evaluate risk of prospective and current customers
- Establish customer credit limits within company guidelines based on thorough risk evaluations
- Stay updated on industry and legislative changes
- Process payroll transactions and report to ownership
- Ensure that employee payroll is processed accurately and timely
- Assist in tax calculations and filing activities as per IRS regulations
- Continuously evaluate current policies and make recommendations for process improvements
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- 3-5 years accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- Detail oriented and strong problem-solving capabilities
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Ability to sit for period of times at the computer/phone.
- Possible heavy lifting, bending whilst assisting other departments.
- Ability to possibly stand for durations of time.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets
About Big Agnes
Big Agnes is a leading outdoor equipment brand offering tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, insulated outerwear, and camp furniture. Located in the Rocky Mountains, its name sake peak and the playground surrounding it serve as the inspiration to create innovative, high value camping gear that allow you to experience the magic of the outdoors in comfort. Big Agnes is the "Mother of Comfort".