Regional Product Merchandiser
Posted by Endura on 11/16/2023
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Merchandising
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Regional Product Merchandiser
Hybrid in Cypress, CA
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers in the UK and we also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. Our employees are spread across Europe, Asia, the US and Canada and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
+ Success is a team game
+ With clarity and courage
+ Better as standard
+ In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Working with the North American regional commercial teams and in context of historical trends, consumer insights, growth plans and pillars this role will build the regional line plan requirement to ensure we have the right balance and optimum SCO counts across our Core, Seasonal, SMU and exclusive ranges.
Data will be at the forefront of decision making to ensure we are clear on expectation, drive productivity and support our ambitious market and key account plans. Strong support provided by Regional Product Planning teams.
Role will act at the link between region and global product and ensure that the final assortment is known across the region with particular emphasis on a playback to commercial, product (merchandise) planning and trading finance.
- Collaborate with commercial and product (merchandise) planning to build the regional line plan need. Embed a data driven approach which ensures everything we do is in service of growth plans, strategic retail partners and the end consumer. Act as the link between region and global product by presenting assortment needs and product briefs.
- Ensure the region has the correct sized range across Core, NPD, SMU & Exclusives which deliver growth plans whilst driving productivity. Work with all planning teams to ensure we understand historical trends and maximize the sell in / through window. Set the expectation of how we anticipate a category, family, or line to perform.
- Looking through the margin lens ensure there is a viable return on investment or the pursuit of reaching a new consumer is understood. Ensure that product briefs fit brand DNA and are viable in terms of return-on-investment pre handover to global product.
- Embed a seasonal data driven lessons learnt process and ensure that sell in / sell through results can be measured against expectation, acts as a playback to region and shapes the forward assortment need.
- Place emphasis on driving an established and reliable Core range which achieves a high level of reach, margin return and is productive for us and our vendor / material suppliers.
- Co create SMU and Exclusive product briefs which delivery to target including sales, margin and MOQ.
- Establish clear pricing architecture that encompasses Good, Better, Best and ensures SRP harmonization across key markets.
- Define the product lifecycle whilst ensuring that performance and trend analysis keeps us relevant, fresh, and reactive.
- Conduct and playback analysis on consumer, customer, and market insight to ensure range build is optimised and adopted in line with the relevant opportunity.
- Develop “cloning” data which ensures we don’t lose history on LFL product, version 2.0 vs.1.0 and can make sure we are not recreating an ask for a product we already own/is a high cover line.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Core range drives 40%+ of sales.
- Zero Non buy / take up on NPD.
- Account penetration maximized – sell in hitting 80%+ of defined account base.
- SMU/EXCLUSIVE hitting 100% of first expectation where brief was adopted.
- Overdevelopment within 10%.
- SCO reduction of 40-50% by 2025/ then maintain.
Pay Range: $75,000 - $85,000 annually
Base pay is a portion of our total compensation package and determined within a range that allows growth and development within your role. Your base pay will be determined based on experience, skills and qualifications.
Endura and Pentland Brands are an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, we have a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, applicants are asked not to disclose salary history information
Endura was founded in Scotland in 1993 with a no-nonsense commitment to advancing the performance and function of cycle apparel for all. As a maverick brand, it immediately launched a host of novel and challenging products that have gone on to earn iconic status globally and in many cases reset the benchmark of function and durability for the industry. This philosophy and disruptive innovation has carried the brand from Scottish local hero to global market leader.