Territory Traveling Sales Rep
Posted by Midwest Outdoor Sales on 11/17/2023
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Sales - Company Rep & Support
Company Type: RepAgency
City: MN, IL, IA or MO
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
About Midwest Outdoor Sales:
Founded in 1972, Midwest Outdoor Sales is a leading independent sales representation agency that works with a portfolio of some of the most recognizable and respected brands in the industry including, Cascade Designs, Osprey, Outdoor Research, Princeton Tec, Stormy Kromer, Terramar and Yakima. We are a collaborative and tightknit team that works hard to deliver the best level of sales, training, marketing and customer support to our retail partners and manufacturing partners in our territory. Midwest Outdoor Sales covers Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky.
About The Position:
We are seeking to add a sales brand evangelist to our team to provide sales, training, order book management and business support for our retailers within the territory. The job will be a blend of travel within the territory selling our brands to existing book of business and prospecting new accounts, attending tradeshows, participating in vendor sales meetings as well as working from a home office environment.
- Will be a high energy, charismatic and confident individual that can generate sales.
- Ability to handle extensive travel as the position will require extensive travel (100+ nights).
- Passionate salesperson that wants to close deals, foster relationships with their customers, grow their business and expand their career.
- Ability to speak in front of an audience to train and ignite employee’s passion for our brands.
- Prior experience as a sales rep, sales manager or retail buyer.
- Ability to back the car out of the driveway and see customers, as this is a traveling sales role.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft platform, Excel proficiency, spreadsheet analysis and B2B platforms is critical.
- The ability to use in-person, virtual (Teams, Zoom) and phone skills to present and communicate with clients is key.
- Knowledge of the outdoor industry, its timelines and cycles, show cadence and booking seasons are required.
- Clean driving record.
To learn more about Midwest Outdoor Sales please visit our website at www.midwestoutdoorsales.com
Inquires with resume and cover letter by email only please – firstname.lastname@example.org
About Midwest Outdoor Sales
Midwest Outdoor Sales is a long-standing respected manufacturers sales agency in the Midwest. For the last 40 years we have been representing industry leading brands in the outdoor industry.