Mountain Adventures Supervisor
Posted by Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation on 11/17/2023
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Operations
Company Type: Recreation
City: Park City
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
The Mountain Adventures Operations & Administrative Supervisor is primarily responsible for the recruiting, hiring and directly supervising the seasonal employees of the department. The supervisor will take an integral role within the management team to oversee the daily operations of the department. This position above all else is tasked with always ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for our employees and guests.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability
- Create and maintain department employee schedule.
- Responsible for all department employee paperwork.
- New hire onboarding
- Personal Action Forms
- Personal Discussion Forms
- Time off requests
- Timecard approvals
- Punch change requests
- Responsible for department employee recruiting and hiring.
- Work with J1 providers to recruit/ hire J1 students.
- Recruit locally for employees
- Ensure hiring and staffing meet department needs but remain within set budget parameters.
- Create content for staff daily meetings including training topics and general park information.
- Maintain department schedules.
- Be the Mountain Adventures ‘Supervisor on Duty’ as scheduled or needed, independently overseeing the daily operation of the Mountain Adventures Department
- Maintain guest and employee safety as a top priority and follows all safety procedures.
- Communicate and coordinate with Guest Services, Corporate Sales, Lift Operations, Mountain Operations, Patrol and Public Programs as needed.
- Ensure all Mountain Adventure guides and leads perform their duties as trained. Hold staff accountable to their duties by discipline/reward as needed.
- Make quick problem-solving decisions pertaining to customer complaints, operations, and staff.
- Work as part of a team assisting in other areas of the department as needed including training and maintenance.
- Make regular rounds and be present at the activities to ensure efficiency of employees and operations.
- Review daily paperwork (inspections & reports) to identify and resolve issues.
- Meet with Mountain Adventures Manager on a regular basis to:
- Review operations and staffing strategies
- Participate in budgeting process.
- Provide feedback to improve department.
- Safe operation of Park vehicles.
- All other job duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Must be comfortable overseeing public activities that often occur at height or speed.
- Familiarity with climbing harnesses and rescue techniques helpful but not required.
- Experience with customer service.
- Superior organizational, coordination and multi-tasking abilities.
- Must demonstrate leadership and be a positive role model.
- Understand emergency procedures and respond to situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment in the outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must work well with children.
- Must be flexible about work assignments and maintain a good attitude.
- Highly motivated with leadership skills.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- A valid Driver’s License.
- Flexible work schedule must be available to work, days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Background check required upon hire
- Paycom supervisor level
- Accounting procedures
- HR procedures
- IT procedures
- All mountain adventure activity trainings
- HR Compliance
- Sexual Harassment
- Fire & Safety Prevention
About Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation
The Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation (UOLF) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that celebrates the spirit of the Salt Lake 2002 Olympic Winter Games to inspire active, healthy lifestyles and increase community uses of Utahs Olympic venues. As Designated Official U.S. Olympic Training Sites, our venues are places of inspiration and accomplishment where young athletes train alongside world champions. This key role supports the UOLF executive team and board members as well as coordinates administrative functions for the management team at the Utah Olympic Park.
UOLF Vision is to bring to life the Olympic & Paralympic spirit in our youth, our communities and to athletes from around the world.
UOLF Mission to cultivate champions in sport and in life, deliver experiences that inspire communities and celebrate our Olympic legacy for generations to come.