Regional Representative - East Central Kansas
Posted by Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever on 11/30/2023
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Outdoor Education, Public Relations
Company Type: Conservation, NaturalResources
City: City negotiable
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $50-62,000 per year
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Application Closing Date: Open until filled.
Anticipated Start Date: January 16, 2024.
Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever are seeking an individual with the talent, passion, and desire to promote and grow the nation’s leading upland wildlife habitat conservation organization. The Regional Representative position is responsible for grassroots mission delivery by engaging communities, chapters, volunteers, and members within the assigned region. The successful applicant will assist chapters to maximize their fundraising and mission impact at the local, state, and national levels. Additionally, the Regional Representative will work with Development teammates to identify, cultivate, and solicit mission-driven donations.
RESPONSIBILTIES and EXPECTATIONS:
· Provide proactive guidance and customer service to chapters across the region. A primary focus of the duties will include increasing memberships, merchandise sales, and facilitating contributions to national and state programs.
· Identify and develop prospects for PF and QF fundraising campaigns.
· Create new chapters and restructure existing chapters to encourage strong volunteer committees that are striving to fulfill the mission of the organization.
· Work with chapters to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of fundraising events.
· Develop and use methods of regular communication with chapter leaders to keep our volunteers informed and motivated about the organization’s mission, activities, goals, and fund-raising efforts.
· Work as a team member to develop and deliver a consistent message about our habitat, education and outreach and advocacy mission.
· Promote the PF and QF mission, as well as related fundraising efforts, to support the organization.
· Plan and conduct annual district meetings and annual state meetings with chapters.
· B.A./B.S. in Marketing, Education, Business, Wildlife Biology, or related field with practical experience. Prior experience collaborating with volunteers and fundraising preferred.
· Thorough knowledge of PF and QF’s mission, model, and activities.
· An energetic, well-organized, detailed, self-starter who has a strong record of leadership and teamwork.
· Superior interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse constituencies, including volunteers, partners, and team members is necessary.
· Demonstrated experience as an innovative and creative thinker with a proven success of following-through with their ideas.
· Demonstrated set of skills that bring strong organizational skills, leadership, and sales to the position.
· Demonstrated ability to work and interact with sportsmen.
Benefits, Compensation and Location: Salary range of $50,000 to $62,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications. See our benefits summary at www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs. Location is negotiable within the assigned territory of “East Kansas.” Additional consideration will be given if applicant intends to live in “East Central” Kansas.
To Apply: Please combine your cover letter, resume and three references in a Word document or PDF file before uploading to “Resume” section of your application on our Recruitment website, www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs. The cover letter should explain why you are interested in the position.
For more information: Contact Jerry McDonald, Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever’s Field Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pheasants Forever, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual
About Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever
Pheasants Forever, including its quail conservation division, Quail Forever, is the nation's largest nonprofit organization dedicated to upland habitat conservation. This community represents over 400,000 members, supporters and partners, all dedicated to the protection of our uplands through habitat improvement, public access, education and advocacy. A network of 754 local chapters spread across North America determine how 100 percent of their locally raised funds are spent — the only national conservation organization that operates through this grassroots structure. Since its creation in 1982, Pheasants Forever has spent more than $1 billion on 567,500 habitat projects benefiting 22 million acres.