Product Line Manager
Posted by AVID Sportswear on 01/29/2024
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Product -Brand
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Design Driven, Performance Proven
AVID Sportswear (“AVID”) is a sporting lifestyle brand that transcends the traditional boundaries of sporting apparel. Equally at home on & off the water, we design and develop premium sportswear that celebrates the lifestyles and pursuits of sportsmen and women across the globe. We focus equally on design, quality and performance to deliver superior products.
As the Product Line Manager, you will be the driving force behind the strategic planning, development, and execution of all AVID apparel lines. We're seeking a dynamic individual with a keen understanding of market trends, consumer preferences, strong attention to detail, and a passion for delivering exceptional sportswear. This role requires close collaboration with leadership as well as sales, marketing and operations. Key responsibilities include supporting the global line planning, intimate knowledge of the product and product line segmentation, control and execution of product milestone meetings, management of product margin profiles, sample procurement and maintenance of all PLM systems.
- Product Strategy and Planning: Develop and execute comprehensive product strategy for the assigned product lines, considering market trends, customer needs, and competitive analysis. Define product roadmaps and prioritize features and enhancements based on market demands and business goals. Strong knowledge of product creation to drive high perceived value through fabrication, trims, embellishment executions and garment construction while controlling go-in margin targets.
- Product Development and Lifecycle Management: Work closely with the product development team to drive the successful creation and launch of new products within the assigned product line. Monitor and manage the entire product lifecycle, making data-driven decisions on product improvement, updates, and retirements. Manage product creation process through key seasonal milestones such as Kick Off, Brief Finalization, Concept Design Review, Final Line Adoption and Sales Meeting. Strong knowledge of product creation to drive high perceived value through fabrication, trims, embellishment executions and garment construction while controlling go-in margin targets.
- Market Analysis and Customer Insights: Conduct market research and analyze customer feedback to identify opportunities and address gaps in the product line. Understand the customer needs, pain points and preferences to develop customer-centric products and solutions. As such, you must maintain a strong understanding of the core fish/hunt consumer and market dynamics, as well as competitive product offerings by region within and outside the industry.
- Competitive Analysis: Monitor and analyze competitors’ products and offerings within the same product line. Identify competitive advantages and devise strategies to maintain a strong market position.
- Pricing and Profitability: Collaborate with the finance and sales teams to set appropriate pricing strategies that ensure profitability while remaining competitive in the market. Monitor product line profitability and take necessary actions to maximize revenue and margins. Work closely with regional sales and brand management teams as well as internal cross-functional teams (design, development, marketing, digital, demand planning, finance) to meet and exceed revenue and go-in margin targets.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with various teams to ensure seamless development and successful launches. Work cross functionally with brand managers and regional sales leads during the briefing process to ensure regional and global needs are being met through product offering. Work closely with category leaders to build a global product line architecture with a clear go-to-market strategy for all regions. Collaborate closely with marketing and creative leaders to convey seasonal storytelling and go-to-market strategy through product offering.
- Merchandising: Maintain up to date merchandising techniques to segment and assort your product line with a high degree of sensitivity for specific regional and channel needs.
- Performance Tracking and Reporting: Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) for the product lines success. Regularly report on product performance and key metrics to senior management. Maintain a high level of data accuracy and integrity for the entire product line.
- 3+ years of experience in apparel product creation/merchandising
- Bachelor’s degree in business, merchandising, marketing or related field
- Effective communicator and presenter with strong leadership skills
- Well versed in fashion, color, fabrics, and trend analysis
- Strong business orientation, analytical aptitude and computing skills
- Exceptionally organized with the ability to create and manage processes
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful, team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines & calendars
- Connection to core outdoor pursuits a plus
- Proficiency in Google G-Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, and Drive) preferred
- Experience in Asana or similar project management software a plus
NOTE: This job description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and/or qualifications associated with this role.
About AVID Sportswear
AVID Sportswear is a sporting lifestyle brand that transcends the traditional boundaries of sporting apparel. Equally at home on the water or in the field, we design and develop premium sportswear that celebrates the lifestyles and pursuits of sportsmen and women across the globe.