Distribution Center Manager
Posted by Grand Canyon Conservancy on 01/31/2024
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Warehouse
Company Type: Association, Conservation, NaturalResources, Retailer, Service
City: Grand Canyon
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Contact Name: Lisa Graham
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: 65-71 Annually
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 10 miles
Job Description & Requirements
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: DISTRIBUTION CENTER MANAGER
Grand Canyon Conservancy (GCC) is the official nonprofit partner of Grand Canyon National Park. As the?official philanthropic and collaborative?partner of Grand Canyon National Park, Grand Canyon Conservancy’s mission is to inspire?generations of park champions to?cherish and?support the natural and cultural wonder of the Grand Canyon. GCC raises private funds, operates retail shops within the park, and provides premier educational programs about the natural and cultural history of the region.
GCC is seeking a Distribution Center (DC) Manager who will oversee safe and secure Distribution Center operations, including order processing, picking, packaging, shipping, and receiving. The Manager will monitor inventory levels and manage multiple direct reports to ensure timely, accurate, and efficient deliveries to GCC’s interpretive sales stores, e-commerce, wholesale, and events.
The Distribution Center Manager position is a full-time, benefit-eligible, exempt position based at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. The position reports to the Senior Operations Manager.
Duties vary with the workload and could include, but are not limited to, the tasks listed below.
· Collaborate with Senior Management to develop and execute a distribution strategy(s) that promotes future growth and operational efficiencies in the distribution center, e-commerce, and wholesale areas
· Work with store management to identify areas of opportunity and implementation of solutions
Inventory Management and Quality Control:
·Work with Management to ensure annual inventory and regular cycle counts are coordinated and executed throughout the year
· Monitor and collaborate with the buying team to ensure proper inventory levels are in the DC and in stores to minimize out-of-stock
· Work with Buyers and the DC team to review and ensure proper receipt, processing of deliveries, and quality of merchandise
· Immediately identify and communicate with Buyers any significant errors with deliveries, merchandise, and pricing
· Ensure store inventory is selected and delivered from the DC to store locations on a set schedule, and ensure products are transferred accurately
· Responsible for ordering DC and store supplies and distributing them accordingly.
· Identify and communicate supply chain, transportation, and security opportunities to DC team and management
· Lead, train, and manage a team of five to eight staff to achieve daily objectives within GCC guidelines
· Ensure all team members are up to date and aware of GCC strategic goals
· Ensure the team is following compliance and safety standards (OSHA compliant)
· Perform regular check-ins and completion of annual evaluations on direct reports
· Coach, mentor, and provide corrective action as needed
· Establish and maintain relationships with carriers and logistics partners and collaborate with buyers to ensure timely and cost-effective deliveries.
· Create a culture with our 3rd party wholesale accounts to grow revenue and ensure they are aware of all of GCC's new publications
· Manage the distribution budget, including collaboration with Senior Management on budget planning.
· Three to five years of Distribution Center experience
· Minimum two years of supervisory experience
· An Associate Degree in logistics, supply chain management, business or a related field
· Any combination of education and experience equivalent to the above minimum requirements
· 18 years of age and hold a valid driver’s license
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND CHARACTERISTICS
· Strong leadership and management skills to oversee and lead a team effectively. Previous supervisor experience preferred
· E-commerce and Wholesale experience highly desirable
· Working knowledge of computerized inventory management systems
· Knowledge of safety regulations and the ability to enforce and promote a safe working environment; OSHA certification preferred
· Experience operating forklifts or ability to obtain certification as required
· Understanding of supply chain principles and the ability to optimize processes for efficiency and cost-effectiveness
· Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Experience managing relationships with vendors and suppliers and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills and good judgment
· Demonstrated ability to promote and maintain a positive work environment
· A desire for continuous learning to stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in distribution management.
· Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams
· Standing for long periods, up to ten hours each day
· Frequent, extended periods of repetitive tasks such as pricing or rolling posters
· Lift 50 lbs. Repeatedly and up to 75 lbs. occasionally
· The work is indoors at elevations more than 7,000 feet above sea level
· Working at a computer station processing orders
· Ability to drive a GCC vehicle and operate a forklift
GCC CORE VALUES
GCC has identified four core values that represent how we interact with our employees, partners, visitors, supporters, and followers. Our values include:
· Integrity: We are honest, respectful, inclusive, caring, and accountable for our actions. We operate at a high level of excellence, utilizing our resources to their best and fullest potential.
· Education: We are a dynamic learning organization uniquely positioned to cultivate the “awe” of the Grand Canyon.
· Service: We embrace our role as a valued partner of the National Park Service at Grand Canyon National Park and will provide the highest level of excellence in every interaction with employees, partners, visitors, supporters, and donors.
· Connection: We foster a sense of wonder and adventure for the Grand Canyon.
GCC’S COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION
Grand Canyon Conservancy embraces and nurtures a welcoming and inclusive environment that promotes diversity, encourages collaboration, and fosters a culture where all employees feel valued, respected, and included. As a dynamic learning organization, we continually evaluate our systems and practices to foster an environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging, are empowered to bring their authentic selves to work, and can thrive personally and professionally.
GCC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
GCC provides a comprehensive benefits package including vacation and holiday pay, sick leave, Canyon Experience Days, employer-supplemented health benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and health savings account (HSA) plan, employer-paid long-term disability, and life insurance, employer-paid 401(k) retirement plan, and discounts in our retail stores and Grand Canyon Conservancy Field Institute offerings. The hiring salary range for the position is $65,000 to $71,000 annually.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at: https://www.grandcanyon.org/about/jobs
We ask that you include a resume and cover letter with your application.
Grand Canyon Conservancy is the official nonprofit partner of Grand Canyon National Park.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Grand Canyon Conservancy
Grand Canyon Conservancy (GCC) is the official nonprofit partner of Grand Canyon National Park. As the?official philanthropic and collaborative?partner of Grand Canyon National Park, Grand Canyon Conservancy’s mission is to inspire?generations of park champions to?cherish and?support the natural and cultural wonder of Grand Canyon. GCC raises private funds, operates retail shops within the park, and provides premier educational programs about the natural and cultural history of the region.