Brand Events Representative
Posted by Mustang Survival on 02/01/2024
Industry Sector: WaterSports
Job Categories: Sales - Company Rep & Support
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
State: FL, TX
City: Austin or Jacksonville
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: 50,000 to 65,000
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
WHO ARE WE?
For 55+ years, Mustang Survival has pushed the boundaries of what is possible in marine safety to enhance your experience on the water. We’ve designed, engineered and manufactured products for NASA, Navy Seals, Coast Guard, Police & Military, Ocean Racers, Professional Athletes, and take the same progressive level of dedication towards every aspect of our products.
With our headquarters in British Columbia, Canada, on the banks of the mighty Fraser River—a behemoth that feeds the Pacific Ocean—we test what we build in real time, in the real world. We are surrounded by fresh water, a big ocean, and all the weather the Pacific Northwest can throw at us. Our HQ houses a lab to test human physiology and material properties, a product creation shop to craft product concepts, a testing pool to evaluate new ideas, and a full manufacturing center to carefully craft our marine gear.
We’re here to protect the lives of those who live beyond land.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Interested in working for a leading brand in the marine and outdoors scene? Always wanted to drive a rad truck and trailer pop up shop across the country as well as organizing and working brand events? You love technical gear and talking about it? Then this job is for you!
We are looking for a dependable, organized, and motivated Brand Events Representative. You know how to drive a truck and trailer, hold retail experience, and have some experience with organizing events? You need to be over 21 years of age and have a clean driver’s license. Previous experience in the brand or outdoors industry is preferred. Flexible on your location, ideally around Texas, but not a must.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Spend the year travelling to some of the biggest outdoor events and tradeshows in North America in the Recreational, Industrial, and Military space! In addition to your salary, all expenses including food and lodging are covered while on the road. You’ll meet some of the biggest names in the outdoor/watersports industry and you’ll get to drive across the country in our flagship sales truck. Are you ready for the adventure? Send us your application and tell us why you would be the best fit to join our team!
Extensive travel is required for this role.
- Organizing all brand events in US and Canada under supervision of Event Manager, including: being the main point of contact for events, booking event space, handling details like electricity, carpet, ect., organizing marketing assets, managing logistics for physical assets.
- Attending and being the key contact at brand events in the US – this includes consumer events (e.g. Bassmaster Classic, Annapolis Boat Show) and trade shows like (e.g. Icast, Workboat). This includes set up and tear down, selling products and providing product education, handling the POS system – all with support from sales and marketing.
- Responsible for managing inventory of truck & trailer – this includes counting inventory after every event, processing sales orders to order more items before every event, and dealing with the shipping and tracking of product shipments during the show season.
- Operating and driving the Truck and Trailer across the US to and from events.
- Representing Mustang Survival at all events as well as on the road. This requires an attitude and willingness to be polite and engaging with the public as you encounter them during your time on the road. You are a reflection of the brand, and your behavior is paramount.
- Must be 21 years or older with a clean driving record
- Previous experience in the outdoor or marine industry such as retail store sales or event and trade show experience
- Must be very organized and possess good time management skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Suite
- Willing to spend many days on the road traveling. These days can consist of up to 8 hrs of driving a day.
- Towing experience with trailers 20ft or larger
- Physical fitness as lifting of 50 lbs is required
- Ability to problem solve on the fly as anything can happen on the road
- Must be able to troubleshoot and maintain vehicle maintenance as necessary to maintain timely vehicle and trailer schedule
- Outgoing personality a benefit
- Safety minded as safety is a top priority
- Location: this position involves a lot of traveling. Ideal location around Texas or East Coast of the US, but open to other locations.
About Mustang Survival
Who are we?
Mustang Survival is a privately owned, mid-sized company headquartered in Canada with offices in the US as well. We are a 55-year-old organization with a focus on the design and manufacture of marine life saving apparel and equipment. Our mission is to deliver confidence and we have provided life-saving solutions for professional search and rescue, US defense, commercial fisherman and even NASA.
Why work for us?
A career at Mustang Survival is a journey of personal growth and development. Mustang Survival is a place where someone can marry their passions to a deep purpose. Those who join us will be given plenty of opportunities to continuously hone their skills, abilities and emerge better. Make no mistake, there are a lot of challenges and interesting problems, but those who choose to join us, will work alongside some of the most dedicated and innovative people.